Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you view your financial situation?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM
  • 202 Replies
I had an interesting conversation with my dad on his last visit and it got me thinking about how we each view our own financial situations. I told my father that I will feel rich when we move to our next posting because we won't require a nanny anymore (just a few very trustworthy responsible babysitters on standby). My dad shook his head at me and said most people would think the opposite. But my husband and I are not what I consider rich.

Anyway.. How do you view your financial situation? Are you happy with it?
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not thrilled.. But I'm a fresh 23, with a decent size house in a gated community. We have money to live comfortably, but not ball out. I'm fine with it right now because I'm still young and all of my friends are still living at home and partying on the weekends and consider 10k to be a lot of money haha.
Now if I was 33 this would not satisfy me.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Well, Dh makes 6 figures annually in a COLA, we have a healthy savings, retirement, essentials and fun so I am quite content as is DH.
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Good for you!

Quoting Cocomicah: I'm not thrilled.. But I'm a fresh 23, with a decent size house in a gated community. We have money to live comfortably, but not ball out. I'm fine with it right now because I'm still young and all of my friends are still living at home and partying on the weekends and consider 10k to be a lot of money haha.
Now if I was 33 this would not satisfy me.
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:58 AM
That's great!

Quoting mcginnisc: Well, Dh makes 6 figures annually in a COLA, we have a healthy savings, retirement, essentials and fun so I am quite content as is DH.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:00 AM
I come from a rich family so I've naturally got money so I can afford anything I want and need for me and my kids. I DO NOT use my parents money. It's all MY money.
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:01 AM
3 moms liked this
With frustration and unease but, I also have to remind myself of where we started and how far we have come. It continues to improve every year.
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:01 AM
I'm happy with mine. We both make good money. Have a savings, retirement and back up plan.
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:03 AM
6 moms liked this
If its not your parents money, how do you naturally have it??

Quoting Anonymous: I come from a rich family so I've naturally got money so I can afford anything I want and need for me and my kids. I DO NOT use my parents money. It's all MY money.
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:05 AM
That's great that it improves. Good for you! My husband and I both came from different degrees of poverty. Luckily most of our parents are doing better now. And we have stable secure jobs.

Quoting SamiJ18: With frustration and unease but, I also have to remind myself of where we started and how far we have come. It continues to improve every year.
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Awesome.

Quoting myperfect4inok: I'm happy with mine. We both make good money. Have a savings, retirement and back up plan.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN