Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When You Found Out, You Were Going To Have Your

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:24 AM
  • 64 Replies

First baby, how did you tell your families. How did they feel about having a grand child?

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
They flipped their shit. I was 15, and it was my second pregnancy, first born. Omg my dad didn't talk to me until I was almost 5 months pregnant when he found out I was having a boy. My mom of course cried
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband's family and my brother were so happy for us. My mother had a bitch fit even though we had been married about 2 years and we're financially stable. The joys of having a control freak for a mother, lol. She still calls me a minimum of 5 times a day.
DixieL
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:28 AM
2 moms liked this

I always thought I couldn't have kids, so the day that I had some kind of intuition that I was, I was at work. On my break, I called my husband and my mom. They were both excited. This is the funny thing. It took my husband a couple of months to tell his family. Even though we had been married for two years, he didn't want his family to know, that we were having sex, so that we could get pregnant. Lol. I went and took a blood test, and found out that I was. It was the happiest time of my life. It has been for the past twenty nine years.

DixieL
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Quoting sandra_t00: They flipped their shit. I was 15, and it was my second pregnancy, first born. Omg my dad didn't talk to me until I was almost 5 months pregnant when he found out I was having a boy. My mom of course cried

I've heard of that happening a lot. When their kids have a boy, the dad is excited. Lol. I can imagine how upset they would have been at first. Now I'm sure they love both of your kids like crazy.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I didn't, lol

I was 17 going on 18 and I move out. My mom came to my job and found out, lol She flipped her lid several times, LMAOOOOOO

BUT after I had the baby she took off work for 2 months to babysit so I could finish high school

zeezoo
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Over dinner. First his family, then mine. Everyone was excited.

zeezoo
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a great story!!

Quoting DixieL:

I always thought I couldn't have kids, so the day that I had some kind of intuition that I was, I was at work. On my break, I called my husband and my mom. They were both excited. This is the funny thing. It took my husband a couple of months to tell his family. Even though we had been married for two years, he didn't want his family to know, that we were having sex, so that we could get pregnant. Lol. I went and took a blood test, and found out that I was. It was the happiest time of my life. It has been for the past twenty nine years.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea, it was weird. He just started talking to me like nothing happened. I was like "whaaaaaa.....t?

Yes they do. My 10 year old loves them, and now my 2 year old is a spoiled brat because of them lol. I recently moved back in with them and they can't get enough of each other haha

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting sandra_t00: They flipped their shit. I was 15, and it was my second pregnancy, first born. Omg my dad didn't talk to me until I was almost 5 months pregnant when he found out I was having a boy. My mom of course cried

I've heard of that happening a lot. When their kids have a boy, the dad is excited. Lol. I can imagine how upset they would have been at first. Now I'm sure they love both of your kids like crazy.

Denecia
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah no one was happy and I was pretty much shunned by everyone but my mom and one cousin. I was 17 and married so 8 get the not being happy but no need to shun me. We have since moved on and everyone loves my daughter. When I had my second everyone was excited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I tried getting ahold of my mom to see her and tell her in person but she didn't want to come home from the store and I was going to be late for work, so I had to tell her over text and she replied back, "I figured you were" 

Wasn't too sure how to take that...

photo summerbabies_zps1e9f58e9.jpg
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)