Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any momms with boys with pierced ears?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:42 AM
  • 81 Replies

Mobile Photo

My ds is 7. He has been wanting his ears pierced for a year now. Dh was 8 when he got his done. We took him today and got them done. He loves them. I know some people dont think boys should have pierced ears, but if he wants them, i dont care really. :)
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eykelley
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:43 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope.

Not a fan..
booaura
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:44 AM
If he likes them, that's what matters. My 4 year old wants his pierced, and we said if he still wants it at 5, then he can have it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:45 AM
2 moms liked this

No, that style went out in the 1980s

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Trashy.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:46 AM

My son would never want his ears pierced.  I'm sure I wouldn't care if he did want them pierced.  I'm pretty sure that dh wouldn't agree to it.

Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:48 AM

My son (4 yrs old) does not but Id have no problem getting them if he wanted them. My rule for ear piercings though is they have to wait a year, in that year, they have to learn about piercings, and learn how to take care of them. If after a year, they still want them, then they can have them :)

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:49 AM
2 moms liked this

eykelley
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Thats what we did. Dd has hers pierced (shes 22m) & for the last year ds has watched people get their ears pierced, practiced care, & still wanted them. He is old enough to care for them on his own. He loves them.

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

My son (4 yrs old) does not but Id have no problem getting them if he wanted them. My rule for ear piercings though is they have to wait a year, in that year, they have to learn about piercings, and learn how to take care of them. If after a year, they still want them, then they can have them :)

KykysMomma1128
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:56 AM

No it not. Lots of boys still get their ears pierced. Its a phase and I'm sure he will grow out of it one day. Either way its not the most horrible thing a kid can choose to do. I personally think any one who puts their kids in Dora clothes have lost their minds. That's one of ugliest character's I have ever seen and I've yet to see a cute Dora outfit. lol

Quoting Anonymous: Trashy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN