Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My new friend is very flirty with my husband WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will try and explain this as best as I can so it doesn't get confusing. I met a woman at my playgroup and we got along really well. She is currently working at my husband's job (part time, 3 months) as a contractor so she is only there 2 hours a day. Anyway my husband is the manager so he has to deal with her.

Yesterday she came to my house and my H was home. He was going to run an errand and she asked him if she could go. That seemed a bit strange to me so we all went. The entire time we were out she flirted with my H. He was joking around with her too.

When we got home he went to work and she stayed for an hour or so. She told me "she doesn't understand how anyone could not get along with my H, he is so easy to get along with". She talked about him alot. She told me that when My H gave her some hay for her horses her husband asked her "what did she do to get that, roll around in the hay with him?" Which seemed like a weird thing to say to someone!.

This situation is really bothering me and I am so upset about it. I spoke to my H about her and get got upset with me and we had a big fight. WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:41 AM

She told me her husband gets jealous of lots of men. I think that was only after she saw the look on my face. I certainly am not going to be friends with her now. My H told me that they are never alone together and that they work with other people around when she is there. He was really defensive but I was really accusing him.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound insecure. Describe "flirting"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Watch this one very closely!
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Weird.

Sounds like your husband enjoys flirting with her.

It's one thing to have a friend who doesn't understand boundaries.. it's quite another to have a husband who doesn't care about your feelings and gets angry when you express those feelings.

Good luck.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Then stop it. He is not responsible for how someone else acts.

Quoting Anonymous:

She told me her husband gets jealous of lots of men. I think that was only after she saw the look on my face. I certainly am not going to be friends with her now. My H told me that they are never alone together and that they work with other people around when she is there. He was really defensive but I was really accusing him.  

2kids2dogs2cats
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I don't know, is she just friendly?  I have been accused of flriting when really it is just being friendly, I think her husband joked about the "hay" because it was hay.

How about going out to lunch and just talking, say have you ever had any body flirt with your husband?  See what she says she might be blind to what she is doing, and if you love and trust your DH you have nothing to worry about.

Texasladybug84
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Just tell her straight up maybe even with your dh right there. "Okay enough now"
My hubby at a Verizon store once was laughing and joking around with the lady who was trying to fix my phone. I felt like the odd one out. Afterwards I told hubby you know you were flirting bad with her? He had no idea! He's so clueless. He's professional with all strangers now lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I met a woman at a park. We became friends. Her kid was my kids age. She hung out at my house all the time. She started getting friendly with my husband, brought him beers, took up smoking again to go outside with him etc. I felt uncomfortable. I started having her over less and eventually stopped being friends. I discovered 15 months later that she had succeeded in her plan. He was cheating with her. She was married with kids so most of their bs was emotional and sexual happened 3 times.

TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS. Just beware, some women take it as a challenge. When I told the girl I didn't feel comfortable and that I knew something was up, she went after him with more intensity. Since she knew me so well she used info I shared to pull him in. She manipulated and schemed and used my flaws to her advantage.
mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:31 AM
She wouldnt be my friend, that's for sure!
blessedtohave7
by Bahama Mama on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM

She wouldn't be my friend .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN