Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My new friend is very flirty with my husband WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will try and explain this as best as I can so it doesn't get confusing. I met a woman at my playgroup and we got along really well. She is currently working at my husband's job (part time, 3 months) as a contractor so she is only there 2 hours a day. Anyway my husband is the manager so he has to deal with her.

Yesterday she came to my house and my H was home. He was going to run an errand and she asked him if she could go. That seemed a bit strange to me so we all went. The entire time we were out she flirted with my H. He was joking around with her too.

When we got home he went to work and she stayed for an hour or so. She told me "she doesn't understand how anyone could not get along with my H, he is so easy to get along with". She talked about him alot. She told me that when My H gave her some hay for her horses her husband asked her "what did she do to get that, roll around in the hay with him?" Which seemed like a weird thing to say to someone!.

This situation is really bothering me and I am so upset about it. I spoke to my H about her and get got upset with me and we had a big fight. WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
Dolcepsle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:37 PM
You just never know what others see it as until sometimes it's too late. Sucks that you can't just be friends with people without flat out saying I NEVER WANT TO DATE YOU

Quoting Young_Mommy89: Many men are sooooo clueless. My ex was texting a girl right before we started dating. Nothing serious just talking as friends, he wasn't interested. She stopped me at school (me and her were still in high school) and told me "you do realize me and him are dating right?" O.o. I laughed in her face. Yes we were in hs but texting back and forth to me was NOT dating.

Some women think a man holding the door means he likes them. Lol

Quoting Dolcepsle: My husband unintentionally flirts. He is clueless. He's just super friendly with everyone and some women are desperate for attention and feed on it. I point it out and he always says sorry and then tries to be more professional. Men, generally, don't grasp how women deprived of attention can read into anything.

Quoting Texasladybug84: Just tell her straight up maybe even with your dh right there. "Okay enough now"
My hubby at a Verizon store once was laughing and joking around with the lady who was trying to fix my phone. I felt like the odd one out. Afterwards I told hubby you know you were flirting bad with her? He had no idea! He's so clueless. He's professional with all strangers now lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Seriously why the hell didn't you say anything when she was talking to you
I

My best friend has a little crush on my husband but she just jokes about it and I have known her since grade school
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Punch her in the vag and kick her to the curb.I dealt with this last year.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:12 PM
What do you mean hay is expensive?? Lol, I got 4 bales for $12.
Hope you were being sarcastic.

Quoting Anonymous: How much hay? Hay is expensive. That alone is reason enough to suspect they are sleeping together or about to sleep together.
Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM

She LIKES him. She is talking about him like a high school girl with a crush. If he can't understand why you are upset then he is either crushing on her as well or he is a dumb fuck....

youngstepmom512
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:25 PM
I'd be pissed, but I'd be more concerned with how your DH reacted
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Time to have a talk with the husband to make sure he is not encouraging her attention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:43 PM
I was friends with two guys I worked with. One was married (A), one was living with his gf (S), and I was single. "A" would hit on me constantly but I told him I wasn't interested. "S" I would talk about everything and were always around each other at work. All three of us would go to lunch daily and all of us have flirty personalities, but I was not interested in either.
One day the three of us and "S" girlfriend went to lunch. She kinda gave me a cold shoulder but I figured she just didn't know me. After S left with his girlfriend, A tells me that S and I flirt without even meaning to. The next day, S tells me his gf demanded he never speak to m we again because there was chemistry between us. To be honest, he and I were just friendly.... but she planted a seed in his head that made him think there was more between us. (ETA. .. that one fight they had triggered a conversation between him and I that never would have happened. We hooked up once and then I just couldn't be the one to break them up. I moved away after he professed his love to me but expected me to wait since she was on the lease. She knew about me and his feelings but she wouldn't leave. I will never go through that again)
My point is, be careful with accusing because you may just push them together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM
You found an incredible deal. With the excessive rains on the easy coast, a drought, on the west coast, and rising fuel prices forages are at an all time high. The average price nation-wide for 100 lb bales of the most popular horse forages - alfalfa, oat, orchard grass and Bermuda grass are averaging $20-22 each. A 100 lb bale lasts te average horse horse for a week give or take a day or two. So yeah, I'm not being sarcastic.

Quoting twinmommy27: What do you mean hay is expensive?? Lol, I got 4 bales for $12.
Hope you were being sarcastic.

Quoting Anonymous: How much hay? Hay is expensive. That alone is reason enough to suspect they are sleeping together or about to sleep together.
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Sounds like your husband has a mutual attraction with that woman, and you'd better put a stop to her coming over before you find yourself being the ex-wife and she's living with your hub.  As far fetched as that sounds, I went through it myself.  It was a three and a half year nightmare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)