Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

okay i am dumb help me please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

my kids got a portable dvd player for the car a few months back from my MIL. the cord that plugs into both screens and then into the car plug thing broke a week or so ago.

my MIL is picking the kids up in a week to take them to visist at her house for a week. i need to replace this cord before she gets them because i am sure she will want to take that with them.

but i dont know how or where to find it online to buy it.

here is what i know, it is a phillips brand and it is a dual screen. please any help would be appreciated! if you could post a link to amazon or walmart.com that would be even better! i only live by walmart, staples, hastings, and dollar stores. but i could order off amazon too.

thanks so much in advance!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:55 AM
That's probably super easy to replace. Just look online. Google the model number or something. Or take it into a walmart. They will probably point you in the semi right direction lol
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Can you post more info on it to make it easier to find? 

uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:56 AM
You expect me to Amazon your DVD player? Uhhhh,no. If you can get on cm, you can Google.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM

well maybe if you knew what it was called i could google it lol, i just cant figure out what to call it and want to make sure i order the right thing. no need to be rude.

Quoting uhhnogirl: You expect me to Amazon your DVD player? Uhhhh,no. If you can get on cm, you can Google.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Here is a link to the Phillips site that shows dual screens, maybe you can find yours on there: http://www.usa.philips.com/c-m-so/blu-ray-and-dvd-players/portable-dvd-player/latest#layout=12.subcategory.p-grid

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Flip it over and get the model number off of the back. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:01 AM

i asked the woman in the electronics at walmart yesterday and she acted like she had no idea what i was talking about and had me looking all these different places and there were SO MANY cables that i was like ahhhh i dont know which one! i thought maybe someone else could steer me in the right direction! lol

Quoting Cocomicah: That's probably super easy to replace. Just look online. Google the model number or something. Or take it into a walmart. They will probably point you in the semi right direction lol

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Most of those cords are universal. Run to walmart.....you can probably get it for around $10
JennJenn85
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM

so both cords broke?

Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Lmao yea that sounds like walmart. If you had a best buy in your area they would have definitely helped you. But as someone said most of those things are pretty universal.

Quoting Anonymous:

i asked the woman in the electronics at walmart yesterday and she acted like she had no idea what i was talking about and had me looking all these different places and there were SO MANY cables that i was like ahhhh i dont know which one! i thought maybe someone else could steer me in the right direction! lol

Quoting Cocomicah: That's probably super easy to replace. Just look online. Google the model number or something. Or take it into a walmart. They will probably point you in the semi right direction lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN