Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Double standard.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
The common thing now to to be "talking" to someone, having a fwb, sleeping around with multiple people you aren't committed to in any way. Risking an unplanned pregnancy, disease. This is normal and ok.
But when it comes to polygamy, people sleeping with more than one spouse they are committed to for life, people say it's wrong.
Why would the same thing with commitment, legitimate children and no risk of std as long as they were all clean to begin with be wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouser
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't care about other people's sexual choices at all as long as it is between consenting adults.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I think both are dumb.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Neither are wrong.

As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, people should have the freedom to do whatever they like - guilt free.

Just because something may not be my cup of tea, doesn't mean I am against it or think it's wrong.

DameDeLaMer
by (that girl) on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:03 AM
As long as it isn't in front of my face or tying to make its way into my home... I don't really care.
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:04 AM
This is exactly how I feel. I don't care if you're screwing half if Texas, have 15 husbands and wives, or if you're gay or lesbian. Don't care as long as everyone is an adult and everyone is consenting. Get on with your bad self.

Quoting TrouserMouser: I don't care about other people's sexual choices at all as long as it is between consenting adults.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:05 AM
You believe polygamous families should have to hide away?

Quoting DameDeLaMer: As long as it isn't in front of my face or tying to make its way into my home... I don't really care.
AllieKat
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I think both are dumb.
DameDeLaMer
by (that girl) on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Not at all. Just.. the whole don't have an orgy in public part. What they do doesn't affect me. But I think any extensive form of PDA, such as full on make out sessions and groping should be done in private rather than public. But from what I understand most polygamous relationships are religious based and you would think they would have some modesty about their sexual activities.

Quoting Anonymous: You believe polygamous families should have to hide away?

Quoting DameDeLaMer: As long as it isn't in front of my face or tying to make its way into my home... I don't really care.
katydid150
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Get your freak on however you want with whomever you want, so long as everyone is of age and consents. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:29 AM
In my religion PDA is frowned upon in monogamous marriage and polygamous.

Quoting DameDeLaMer: Not at all. Just.. the whole don't have an orgy in public part. What they do doesn't affect me. But I think any extensive form of PDA, such as full on make out sessions and groping should be done in private rather than public. But from what I understand most polygamous relationships are religious based and you would think they would have some modesty about their sexual activities.

Quoting Anonymous: You believe polygamous families should have to hide away?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)