Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are not a "strong, independent, single mother". You are a kid who made a bad choice and are now expecting everyone else to pay for your mistake.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
3 moms liked this
Before you freak out on the title- this is directed at one person, NOT all single moms.

A relative of mine is pregnant. I'm tired of seeing her bitch about how the daddy is a deadbeat and how she is a strong, independent female doing all of this on her own. Um... How can the "daddy" be a deadbeat when you don't even know who it is?? Great, you've narrowed it down to three main possibilities (including two one night stands). But tbh, if I was one of those three guys, I'd be demanding a paternity test too before I gave her any money. She intentionally slept around unprotected with multiple guys, hoping to get knocked up to trap one of them in a relationship...well hon, now you're pregnant and pissed off because he's not "stepping up to his duty" (her words), but how can you be pissed off when you aren't even sure who the baby belongs to??

Then, there's this whole I'm doing it all on my own, woe is me bullshit. You've got to be kidding me. She literally has not bought one thing for her child. It has all been bought by family, friends, and donated from the church. She doesn't work, she is strictly receiving government assistance, yet on FB she claims to be working multiple jobs to support her baby. She was given a free vehicle and free house by a relative, yet she's always complaining that her family is doing nothing to help her out. We have all chipped in to help her out in some way or another because we felt bad for her, yet all I see and hear is how she's got it so rough.

Listen honey, you made the decision to get pregnant with no home, no job, and no education because you thought it was your meal ticket to a leisurely life. Now you have to deal with the consequences. You are not a victim, stop acting like one.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol I know some of those... That's like the bums who have government assistance and live in public housing but proudly call themselves sahm. Like noooo you are just a bum.
katydid150
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:21 AM

She sounds like an entitled bitch. I would ignore her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:21 AM
4 moms liked this
And I just want to add:

My grandmother WAS a strong, single mother. She was abandoned by her husband of many years to raise their three young children alone so that he could move a new woman into their home and start a new family. She did it all by herself with zero support from the father, but that was through no fault of her own. She made due with what she had and she never complained.

This ridiculous drama is just a slap in the face to women who have actually had to go through that. SMH.
devoted31
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Ha I know some people like that :) frustrating I know :/

KeepOnTryin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:27 AM
I'm so sorry you have to listen to her lying all the time. Very frustrating! If I were you I would unfriend her on fb, stop answering phone calls and texts and if I saw her on the street I would cross to the other side!
star33
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:28 AM

i'd say exactly that last paragraph to her on fb. i believe in "God helps those who help themselves", so she would get zero sympathy here. i think everyone around her should help someone more deserving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:28 AM
It's like some people actually enjoy having people feel sorry for them. I will never understand that.

Quoting devoted31:

Ha I know some people like that :) frustrating I know :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I helped her in the beginning by donating some baby stuff as well as being her sounding board and lending her emotional support when she needed it, but then I saw through the bullshit and now I'm done lol.

Quoting star33:

i'd say exactly that last paragraph to her on fb. i believe in "God helps those who help themselves", so she would get zero sympathy here. i think everyone around her should help someone more deserving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I'm doing just that actually lol! Myself and a couple other family members that are just done with her ungratefulness. I swear she's going to burn every bridge until she really is all alone in this. Sigh.

Quoting KeepOnTryin: I'm so sorry you have to listen to her lying all the time. Very frustrating! If I were you I would unfriend her on fb, stop answering phone calls and texts and if I saw her on the street I would cross to the other side!
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I am a strong woman (single mom) but my son's father is the opposite of a deadbeat dad.  He is a great co parent.  Dammit, I guess I can't sing "I am woman, hear me roar" anymore!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)