Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling all CM doctors (childhood asthma)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My youngest is 20 months and has been diagnosed with "viral induced hypersensitivity in the airways" by the Pulmonologist. Both myself and my oldest had bronchitis when the baby was born and the baby ended up catching it. Because it was caught almost immediately after birth, my youngest has ways had congestion and a cough. We've done a sweat test to check for cystic fibrosis and have had xrays, and we now have a nebulizer with Pulmicort and Albuterol, some days LO is doing up to 7 breathing treatments a day. LO is very sensitive to pollens and will get inflammation even after playing outside.

So here's where I'm seeking some opinions. We can sometimes go weeks or even months without a flare up, but when it happens, my LO will typically run a high fever for a few days that goes down with Tylenol but spikes again after a few hours. It only goes away after a few days of having aggressive breathing treatments. Is it possible the fever is directly caused by inflammation in the airways? The only symptoms are cough and high fever and every time it happens, no one else in the family gets sick. Does anyone have experience with this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Mine do the same thing too- my middle dd who is now five had tab and Doyle pneumonia at 8 months and had had issues since- we have gone so long with the flare ups like that it just seems normal time now and her pedi hasn't ever gotten concerned so long as other symptoms didn't come up
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Did she get fevers with the flare ups?

Quoting Anonymous: Mine do the same thing too- my middle dd who is now five had tab and Doyle pneumonia at 8 months and had had issues since- we have gone so long with the flare ups like that it just seems normal time now and her pedi hasn't ever gotten concerned so long as other symptoms didn't come up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I'm not really sure what you're asking, but asthma doesn't cause a fever.

I've had asthma my entire life and so does my son.
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM
They've never diagnosed my LO with asthma, so I really don't know what to call it. LO doesn't wheeze, but gets horribly congested with a wet cough. So I wasn't sure if it would cause a fever.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm not really sure what you're asking, but asthma doesn't cause a fever.

I've had asthma my entire life and so does my son.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)