Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How often do you clean?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • 46 Replies
Not everyday clean but baseboards doors etc?
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM
When I see it needs cleaning.. Those things aren't ones I "schedule" per se...
Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Aww man I just did that yesterday.. It was hell. I would say I probably clean those types of things monthly.. Or whenever they start to look dirty in between.
jjames0991
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I have a cleaning lady who comes once a week and does basics.  Once a month she does a deep cleaning which includes baseboards, ceilings, windows and moves furniture.  For each season DH and I go through and clean even deeper then that.  

StreetsAhead
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM
You would have to ask the cleaner
For the stuff I do I just do it as I go
Lordgodempress
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I just cleaned them last week,  I am trying to clean them once a month or so.  I also scrub my floors on my hands and knees once a month ( swiffer daily and mop once a week) .  I clean bathrooms and laundry room weekly, everything else is daily

caito
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I've cleaned the baseboards once since we moved in here. So like...once every six months. I clean the doors when I see they need them.

Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM
I wipe down doors and window sills/facings every Sunday and I swiffer dust my baseboards after every sweep/mop or vacuum. Deep clean 1 time a month...works for me =)
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Some things are once a week, some once a month. We keep up on the little things daily so deep cleaning isn't such a huge undertaking.
Meanolduglyoldm
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Not often enough. Used to clean like that spring/fall. Now I do it when I can't stand the dust bunnies looking at me! I am talking deep cleaninb, but regular dusting etc, when the gkids start writing in it. Just not important to me, the house is neat but not "clean"
mom23heathens
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM
When I notice it needs to be done. I wash walls once a year but I spot clean walls if I see something. I wipe down doors and door frames more often along with light switch plates. I clean something everyday. I do regular cleaning daily and will clean whatever I notice needs it as I'm doing my regular cleaning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN