Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I was SO attached with my first pregnancy. This time, not so much. I don't even feel or acknowledge I'm pregnant until my big belly gets in the way.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
R00k
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Thanks.

Quoting R00k: Bump
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! This was me exactly.
From the positive test with DD I was bonded with her. With DS, nothing. I was worried, and I made a similar post. This is normal! So many moms are like this with different pregnancies. Some with the first, second, third or whatever! It's all normal and when baby is here you will love him or her as much as your first!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM
I honestly find it quite weird considering I was young, only 18, with my first pregnancy. I'm older now, but I just don't feel it. :/

Quoting MIA0223: Yes! This was me exactly.
From the positive test with DD I was bonded with her. With DS, nothing. I was worried, and I made a similar post. This is normal! So many moms are like this with different pregnancies. Some with the first, second, third or whatever! It's all normal and when baby is here you will love him or her as much as your first!
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM

No. I found I got more attached with each pregnancy.

Our first pregnancy wasn't planned.. so I didn't feel a connection until shortly after my second trimester. 

Our second and third pregnancies were planned and I already experienced the amazing joy of a new baby so I was attached from conception on.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:38 PM
I was 21 with DD, 26 with DS. Both planned.
The circumstances don't really matter. It is what it is. But it's normal for sure.

Quoting Anonymous: I honestly find it quite weird considering I was young, only 18, with my first pregnancy. I'm older now, but I just don't feel it. :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Thanks. It just makes me sad.

Quoting MIA0223: I was 21 with DD, 26 with DS. Both planned.
The circumstances don't really matter. It is what it is. But it's normal for sure.

Quoting Anonymous: I honestly find it quite weird considering I was young, only 18, with my first pregnancy. I'm older now, but I just don't feel it. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:43 PM
With my son I was entirely unattached to the pregnancy. Hearing the heartbeat was cool and the ultrasounds were neat but... Eh.
I was told I needed to learn to love my pregnancy or I'd end up resenting my child, which turned out to be entirely untrue. He's my world.
UnluckyCharms
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I was the same way. Attached with my first and not as much with my second. It changed as soon as I gave birth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:45 PM
I'm just afraid I won't love her.

Quoting Anonymous: With my son I was entirely unattached to the pregnancy. Hearing the heartbeat was cool and the ultrasounds were neat but... Eh.
I was told I needed to learn to love my pregnancy or I'd end up resenting my child, which turned out to be entirely untrue. He's my world.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN