Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know what to believe. Update on page 5

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
**second update on page 9**

So, my best friend works with my boyfriend. She just informed me today that there is a rumor going around work that he got another girl they work with pregnant. I haven't confronted him about it and my friend says she talked to both him and the girl and they both denied it. The girl is pregnant but they both say it's not his and they have no idea where this rumor started.

This wasn't enough to ease my mind, so I did a little snooping through our phone records. He has a lot of text messages between them during the past month and none are in his phone still. He never deletes his messages. I'm feeling really uneasy. What if the rumors are true?

He doesn't know that my friend has told me any of this so I'm just acting oblivious at this point. What would you ladies do in this situation?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Bump for advice.

Any insight/opinions welcome.
sarbear8508
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:48 PM
I would confront him. Why beat it around the bush? He knows you have a friend that works with him. I'm sure he probably knows she has told you or is going to tell you.
Missdameanor
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I guess my first thought was why would all the people at work think he might be the father? Do they exhibit a relationship in the work place?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM
I'm just scared I'm going to find out something horrible. His brother told me he saw him outside with some girl about a month ago when I was out of town.... :(

Quoting sarbear8508: I would confront him. Why beat it around the bush? He knows you have a friend that works with him. I'm sure he probably knows she has told you or is going to tell you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Yikes! How ugly. I hope that you get to the bottom of it and it turns out to be untrue.

I honestly don't know how you haven't confronted him about the phone. I would have been all over it. Good luck.

MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Yikes. Call Ryan's roses!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Stop listening to the rumor mill?  Stop being nosy?  

If you don't trust the person you're with to be truthful, you should walk away now.

sarbear8508
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Nip it in the butt now. I know its rough but better now than later. *hugs* I hope it's just a rumor.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm just scared I'm going to find out something horrible. His brother told me he saw him outside with some girl about a month ago when I was out of town.... :(

Quoting sarbear8508: I would confront him. Why beat it around the bush? He knows you have a friend that works with him. I'm sure he probably knows she has told you or is going to tell you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM
According to my friend they don't. He goes to talk to her at her desk sometimes but he is a very social person, so that's nothing unusual for him.

She was not aware they even had each others phone number though so she was slightly surprised as well when I told her they had been texting.

Quoting Missdameanor: I guess my first thought was why would all the people at work think he might be the father? Do they exhibit a relationship in the work place?
UnluckyCharms
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:52 PM
There's a Detective Wives club here. Join that group. Or I'd go ahead and break up with him. Do y'all have children together?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)