Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only wife that

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM
  • 94 Replies

ALWAYS gets nothing for any special occasion? Like valentines day, anniversaries, birthdays, christmas, mothers day??? I always get him something even if its cheap and small but i ALWAYS do something for him. When I was a sahm I baked him cookies in the shape of a heart and decorated them for him on Valentines day. For his birthday I baked him a cake, For christmas I can't remember how but I bought him a hat. So overall my gifts were very cheap stuff but still to me very meaningfull. I just feel kind of sad right now because tomorrow is our 7th anniversary and I just found out that he volunteered to work tomorrow night. I just wanted to go out and have a nice diner but once again I get nothing. Last month I took him to see his favorite baseball team play against his most hated team. I surprised him and took him out of town to see this game. I told him that it was his anniversary gift because I knew this would mean more to him than some other gift. It had to be that day last month because I don't make the schedule and thats when those 2 teams played against eachother in his hometown. He was so happy and said he couldn't wait to celebrate our anniversary and all. Well I guess he forgot about what he said because here we are one day away from our anniversary and he is going to work .So now I'm just thinking I might spend my anniversary at chuck e cheese with the kids. idk rant over I'm just feeling bummed out.

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
That's really shitty of him. Sorry :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Is there any chance that he is just saying he is going to work so that it's a complete surprise, like your basketball game for him was a total surprise?
babyblue415
by champagne on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM
6 moms liked this
You need to tell him what you telling cafemom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Have you told him how it makes you feel? Sounds like gifts is your love language. What's his?

I always get gifts or a special night or something for special days and sometimes just because.
loquacious
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:47 PM
sorry! quit doing stuff for him. maybe then he''ll notice.
JIJsMom
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM
No, you're not. However, I decided things would be that way. It helps soften the blow, ya know?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him.
rockinmomto2
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Yeah, no. My husband love me, so he does nice things for me. We get each other gifts for birthdays and Christmas, but not for anniversaries. Those are more for spending time together rather than gifts.

iamanon
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Sorry

hermajestylanie
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not see the point of getting gifts for every occasion. I personally do not want them. But, I have the opposite problem. My husband likes to buy expensive gifts, but I am cheap! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)