Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Going against my beliefs: Pro life dillema

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
I know I messed up. Please be kind.

So I am 8 weeks pregnant and I am thinking of abortion. I am Catholic and pro choice and I can't make myself do it.

My DH is in jail and this baby isn't his. I was just diagnosed with BPD, anxiety, ADD, and depression. I have an appointment to start taking antidepressents this month. I am also on TANF, food stamps and I am homeless.

I really want a job but who will hire a pregnant woman?

What should I do? Any pro lifers with good advice. I don't want to have an abortion but I don't want to be on TANF. I want to be self sufficient. This baby will mess that up. If I had family I would get their advice but I was orphaned when I was young.

Also the dad will not go for adoption but he won't parent either.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM
4 moms liked this
Have the abortion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm pro choice but a daycare center would hire a pregnant women. Most require only a HS diploma to start and give employees discounted childcare too.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

It's clear that this is not a good situation for a baby to be born into...if adoption is not a solution, it seems like an abortion would be.

Smh77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:25 PM
4 moms liked this
Honey, private adoption. They will help you find a place to live, pay for all your expenses, including medical, and then after you give them a happy healthy baby, you make some serious $$$. You say your pro-life..... You def don't sound so sure about it. Make sure the decision you make will be one you can live with..... Forever, regardless of what you choose. But you really could make someone's dreams Come True.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Its going to be hard but if you don't want to give it up then take care of it...im in almost the exact same situation minus the husband in jail...mine just walked out at 8 weeks. Its an everyday struggle but I'm going to school and doing everything I can to take care of my kids and my soon to be here baby. Get a doing Job now before you start showing...you are going to get terrible comments...as I'm sure I will too. Just know that god does everything for a reason and he has a plan for you.
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Adoption
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:32 PM
How do I do that without the dads permission? Adoption is my first choice but he refuses to consider it.

Actually raising it is my first choice but adoption is my second choice.

Quoting Smh77: Honey, private adoption. They will help you find a place to live, pay for all your expenses, including medical, and then after you give them a happy healthy baby, you make some serious $$$. You say your pro-life..... You def don't sound so sure about it. Make sure the decision you make will be one you can live with..... Forever, regardless of what you choose. But you really could make someone's dreams Come True.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Depending on your state, they may consider your husband the dad (if you're legally married). So he's the one that would need to sign off. I have no other advise. You put yourself in this situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:34 PM
6 moms liked this

Tell your man you miscarried and go to another state to have the baby. Private adoption companies will pay to shelter you in a private facility until you give birth. The adoptive family will pay your bills and living expenses while you stay there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:36 PM
So it would be legal for me to let my husband sign off on the adoption?

Quoting Anonymous: Depending on your state, they may consider your husband the dad (if you're legally married). So he's the one that would need to sign off. I have no other advise. You put yourself in this situation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)