Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just kicked out my 5 yr old son~~ Update.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
Yea, it sounds bad but it's not as bad as I actually sounds.

me and ex dh are divorced, obviously, we don't have a custody agreement because we have always been very mutual and deal pretty maturely when It comes to him and me sharing time with our son.

Anyway, my 5 yr old son thinks he is the boss of ME and can chose when to listen to me about whatever he chooses too.

Not how it works.

He tells me I'm wrong, he's the parents, he's not doing whatever I asked him to because he doesn't want to. It literally becomes him screaming at me extremely rude and disrespectful. I told him a week ago that if he did not shape up and realize I am in charge and I am the parent, not him, and if he kept talking to me like that, he would not be allowed back in our home.

He didn't believe me.

I called my ex dh and told him to come pick up our son and that I would not be letting him come to visit until he learns to treat me like his mom and not disrespect me and yell at me anymore and when he follows the rules. Ex dh told me that he acts that way at his house also and he just ignores him or tells him to go spend an hour in his room. I told him that if I try to give him time out, he laughs and says "nope, nu - uh mommy!" And ex dh just laughed. I told ex dh that if my son decides he wants to call me and talk to me he can but as for him coming back to our home, he is not allowed until he listens.

I know some of you will say ds will chose to stay with dad because dad let's him get away with it but ds won't because he tells me he hates going to his dad's house because he hates his dad's new gf and she is there 24/7. I don't know why ds doesn't like her but he very much tells me all the time how he doesn't and even calls me when he doesn't want to be at his dad's anymore. Many times I have gone and picked him up early from a weekend with his dad because he doesn't want to stay with him.

Go ahead, bash away, I'm sure there will be ALOT of bashing for this.

Update:: I called my ex and told him I wanted to pick up my son. Those of you who said it was wrong were right. Although I don't agree with those who claim I don't parent or punish and never have, I do and I always have.

I brought my son home and sat down with him and explained to him that I am the mom, he is supposed to listen to me because he is just the child. I told him he needs to start showing me he can be good if he wants his toys and things back and I will gradually give them back as he earns them by behaving. I told him tomorrow I want to sit down with him and talk about his daddy's gf and why he dislikes her so much - yes I said dislike because I never liked him using the word hate to begin with, it's a very strong word. He said ok and that he was really tired. I put him to bed, because he dad had already made him take a bath. He hugged me and said he was sorry for getting mad and he actually said he loves me, which I haven't heard him say in a few days, even though I say it to him everynight before I leave his room.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pensatucky
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:58 PM
5 moms liked this
There will be bashing. You used going to his dads house as a punishment. Wtf is your problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pensatucky
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:59 PM
10 moms liked this
You're too lazy to correct the behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:59 PM
0.o

*backs out slowly*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I guess you wont have to worry about it when he ends up in fostercare because you and his dad couldnt asct like adults and parent your child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, you chose that over actual parenting. Nice job. 

sarastanley88
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Have you picked up a parenting book? I was going to say some books but we will go with just one at this point
Amybelle
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Congrats

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Well, at lest you already know what's going to happen. Except it won't be because dad lets him get away with it. It will be because you gave up on him and gave him up.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM
4 moms liked this
He's 5, not a teenager.
It's your job to teach him to listen. It's not something we are born knowing how to do. We need to learn to control our emotions and impulses before we can learn to listen. It's a parents job to teach those things. Learning to listen comes from a good relationship where both parties give and take.
MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Mom this is just the beginning I hate to say. I hear you u need a break but during that time try to think of other ways to deal with the behavior too. This is not the most effective method and I can easily see it leading to more issues down the line. GL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)