Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They wont repo our car!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

Long story short we went through hard times several months back. We were about a week late on our car payment and they shut it off (yes- it has a payment device) after the first day. We called when we had the money to pay it and they refused to turn it back on until we paid the "repo fees". 

They never repo'd the car. What repo fees? Im not paying any damn repo fees. Ok so we decided not to pay on a car they wont let us use. So its been sitting there for 2 months, turned off. They know where it is. They had our address on file plus I know theres a GPS on the payment device that allows them to track it. Well we got back on our feet and moved out of state (we were staying with family) and called them a week before to let them know we would no longer be at that address and they needed to come get the car. We gave them the moving date an told them we would not be responsible for anything that happened to the car after that point, they said OK. 

3 weeks later its still sitting there. Ive called several times trying to figure out WTF their deal is and they transfer me to a supervisors voicemail and no one ever calls back. 

What do I do? We refuse to pay anything else on this car. Weve ASKED THEM to come get the car, told them we no longer will be paying for it. They told us we are not allowed to move the car (towing it to them- we obviously cannot drive it..) Yes it was our fault it got shut off to begin with but I refuse to pay fees for something they didnt even do. Now they are just letting it sit there and my family is getting sick of it being in their way (understandably).

Im going to give them one more call tomorrow but if I still have no luck what do I do? Im tempted to call a tow yard and have them tow it "At the owners expense" but im worried thatd come back on us too somehow.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:18 AM

bump

WickedOpal
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:20 AM

How did you get that kind of messed up deal?  Paying a week late and they shut it off?  I have never heard of such a thing!

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm confused about the whole payment device/shut off thing. I've never heard of a car that could be shut off remotely.
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:22 AM
Just suck it up and pay so they can come get the car
SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:23 AM

What do you mean they shut your car off??

MrsAmyLynn83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:23 AM

I'm sure in the paperwork you signed there is a clause stating that if they have to turn the car off due to non-payment there will be additional fees due at the time of payment. Check your paperwork. If there's not a clause (HIGHLY un-likely) then you'd have a case to stand on in court. All in all though, you purchased a vehicle and you should have made the payments. Yes, thing happen and people go through hard times, but letting the car sit for months without contacting a lawyer is pretty much irresponsible. 

I've never heard of those turn off devices, I googled it and checked out the reports on them. I think it's a great idea! All dealerships should use them!

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:25 AM

wow talk about shooting yourself in the foot

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Because theyre crooks! We were over half way done paying on it. close to 3/4 of the way I believe. They shut it off the day after payment was due even though we called to let them know itd be late and they said theyd give us until the following week (we told them on Tuesday that wed be able to pay it the following Monday) before shutting it off. Yet they didnt hold up to that. When we called and asked they got an attitude and said they arent required to give us leway. Said after 5 days they send the info for it to be repo'd. 

I think theyre just full of shit because if they sent out for it to be repo'd like they claim, then it would have been repod two+ months ago! 

Every time I call they tell me something different. Im so done with their mind games.

Quoting WickedOpal:

How did you get that kind of messed up deal?  Paying a week late and they shut it off?  I have never heard of such a thing!

sherrielmorgan
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:26 AM
O would have it towed to them any ways. The repo fees. Are the fees you have to pay to get the code to turn it back on
sherrielmorgan
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Have your family call a tow company saying someone left an abandoned car on their property. And they want it gone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)