Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Police just followed me home

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I just drove around the block with my son so he could listen to a noise my car was making. While going around the block a cop was headed in our direction. As soon as he passed us he did a u turn and got right up on me with his bright lights on. He proceeded to follow me home. When I pulled in my drive way he slowed down to almost a complete stop and then drove off very slow. I was not speeding or doing anything wrong....but really curious as to why he did that. Now Im a nervous wreck and sick to my stomach...

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiexcore
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:54 AM
He was probably running your plate.

All that would do is annoy me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Either just being an asshole, or seeing if you would panic while he ran your plates. There's no telling. Even though those police work night shift they seem to forget other people function at night instead of during day time.
Don't stress. You were doing nothing wrong. However of you do get pulled over in a situation like that you are within your rights to only barely crack your window, keep the doors locked and request a second patrol car if he asks you to exit your vehicle.
NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:56 AM
There may have been another incident in Thea and they were looking at all people in the area they came across that were out and about. He/she was probably trying to see if you matched a description. Call. The police departments non-emergency number and ask if it makes you feel better.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:56 AM

At least you didn't get a ticket.

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:57 AM
Lol. I think her son is grown.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was your son behaving in the car? In a proper car seat? Sounds a bit strange.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Im sure he was running my plates but why make a uturn and follow me like that for no reason? Im still shaking and I dont know why because there is no reason for me to be scared...

Quoting jackiexcore: He was probably running your plate. All that would do is annoy me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:59 AM

I dont think my son would ride in a carseat or fit in one LOL...he is 19 years old. Nothing was going on...we didnt even have the radio on because he was listening for a noise the engine was making.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:01 AM

Aint that the truth!!! I wasnt doing anything for a ticket...made sue to use turn signals and everything. 

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

At least you didn't get a ticket.

jackiexcore
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Is it late where you're at?

He probably followed you to make sure you weren't doing anything sketchy or suspicious. (Doing drugs, looking for houses to break into etc)

Don't let it bother you. It's over now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sure he was running my plates but why make a uturn and follow me like that for no reason? Im still shaking and I dont know why because there is no reason for me to be scared...

Quoting jackiexcore: He was probably running your plate.

All that would do is annoy me.

grey7399
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:03 AM

LOL are you mental?   She's referring to an adult child or at the least a teenager, she had ride with her to listen to an odd sound the vehicle was making.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)