Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will it get better? (Checking on the baby)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I swear, if I have to get up to pee, before I go to bed, if he's simply napping, I've ALWAYS got to check to see if he's breathing. He's completely healthy, he's 9 months old, never had a problem but I'm always scared I'm gonna check on him and he won't be breathing. Anybody else do this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:38 AM
I was like that with my babies too lol when they hit a year old it got better but i still peek in on my 4 year old before bed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:39 AM
I still check on my kids and my oldest is 10 years old, lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:39 AM
I still check on my 7 year old. I'm of no help.
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:40 AM
My ds is 18 months and I'm always checking if he's breathing. I attributed it to having ptsd.
So no, I guess it doesn't go away.
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:41 AM

very normal and yes it passes...eventually. it's prob adaptive or some shit to check on em so much as babies.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:50 AM

I don't check my kids EVERY time I get up, but I check them before I go to bed. Just the once.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:52 AM
She'll be three in October, I always check on her before I go to bed.
TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:53 AM

At my moms if my bedroom door is open and I'm asleep she still checks on me and I'm 23.. And if I don't wake up from her knocking she will come touch my feet to make sure I'm still warm.. It never stops lol

CafeMom Tickers
Racer15
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:54 AM
I don't have children of my own at this point in time but my 12 month old nephew lives with me. I'm also an ER nurse and have had a few peds patients come in and die from SIDS, had a 4 month old pass away last night actually. I still peek in on him nightly at least one or two times. I probably always will as long as he and my sister live here, my job has made me a little paranoid.
mommyflaw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:56 AM
I still check my toddlers and if I can't see them moving or breathing I'll go feel their chest. I do that with my husband too though lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN