Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I am reasonable when it comes to Child Support...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I left my ex six months ago when I found out he was cheating...
I left everything behind because it was all in his name, and I was a stay at home mom... I got two jobs, save up and got myself a SUV and a apartment and left him... When I left we made an agreement of custody, he has never held my son over my head or made any assumptions that I can't trust him he is an amazing dad... He gets our son from Saturday at 3pm to Sunday at 6pm, his choice because he works 6 days a week... I don't ask him for childsupport unless I have to, he has been really good so far and the only thing I asked for was to help with summer clothes which he did, and to pay for our sons soccer registration... Which he NEVER did... It upset me because he kept saying he would and he wasn't so I told him I could pay it but to pay me back and he swore he had it and little and behold my son was so devastated that he couldnt do soccer... I told him next season I will make sure it's paid I didn't blame just his dad because I don't want him mad at his dad only... I should have paid and gotten it over with I just really didn't have the money, I am still trying to figure out my new life....

I am just a little aggravated because I think it's fair that I only want help with our son's clothing needs and activities... That's it... =/ 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:06 AM
If it works for you awesome. I don't care how stable i am financially, i will go through the courts and get what ever is legally required of him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:09 AM

His job is under the table... So I would get little to nothing through the courts... 

Quoting Anonymous: If it works for you awesome. I don't care how stable i am financially, i will go through the courts and get what ever is legally required of him.

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:10 AM
You are going to make things very hard on yourself by not just getting court ordered support put in place. He already isn't doing what little you ask of him, where will you be when he stops completely?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:11 AM
I would still ask for more than you are asking lol. But hey, it works for you and both of you are happy which is all that matters :)

Quoting Anonymous:

His job is under the table... So I would get little to nothing through the courts... 

Quoting Anonymous: If it works for you awesome. I don't care how stable i am financially, i will go through the courts and get what ever is legally required of him.

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Not true at all. Talk to a lawyer.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:12 AM
This

Quoting Kodysmommy928: You are going to make things very hard on yourself by not just getting court ordered support put in place. He already isn't doing what little you ask of him, where will you be when he stops completely?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:13 AM
You are being very nice. You should still go through the courts. They will bass it off if min wage and you would get at least $200 a month. And if he doesn't pay taxes turn him into the irs
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:14 AM

When I do the state child support calculator I will get $5 a week because he has no income to report because he works under the table... So either way I will get little to nothing... He makes a good amount of money, and can afford shit... Hell he makes more then me with one job then I do with two... but I am currently trying to find a way to go back to college... 

Quoting Kodysmommy928: You are going to make things very hard on yourself by not just getting court ordered support put in place. He already isn't doing what little you ask of him, where will you be when he stops completely?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:14 AM
He would be imputed at least minimum wage

Btw why does he work under the table sounds like a losee

Quoting Anonymous:

goldpandora
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:14 AM

I agree. Talk to a lawyer - the first consultation is often free. 

Not paying for the soccer is just the first sign of what is to follow. 

Quoting Kodysmommy928: Not true at all. Talk to a lawyer.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)