Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH wants me to go back to school, but......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

DH wants me to go back to school to finish my degree but can't/won't help out with the baby and chores. So here's the deal, husband works two jobs. He COULD quit one but refuses. Mind you, we did the budget and found we'd be just fine on one income. Yet, he still wants me back in school FT, plus take care of 100% of the house, yard, pets, baby. How do single moms do this? I mean, some go back to school plus they do 100% of everything AND in most cases, work, too! (FYI: the money spent on tuition and books is money I saved up while working prior to baby so he's not shelling out for school, I am.) I've asked if we could put our DS is a day care during the times I'm in school -or- a couple days a week so I'd be able to have a few hours of uninterrupted study time as well as catch up on chores because I gotta feeling I might fall behind...but he says absolutely not. Besides "suck it up, buttercup", does anyone have any actual suggestions or advice. I don't want to waste all of this saved money on school because I'm afraid I won't be able to devote an adequate amount of time to it. (Btw, I really AM excited and grateful to be going back and finishing, finally-hopefully.)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Excuse the typos, multitasking with a baby in my lap, feeding.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:49 AM
3 moms liked this

You married a wiener.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:51 AM

A given.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

You married a wiener.

askmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:57 AM
5 moms liked this
You should do what you can do go yo school and get your degree. Sounds like you are going to need it ASAP to leave his lazy, selfish ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Lol wow, that's exactly what my dad said. I was asking my dad if he wouldn't mind babysitting and that was his reply lol

Quoting askmommy: You should do what you can do go yo school and get your degree. Sounds like you are going to need it ASAP to leave his lazy, selfish ass.

bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My suggestion is get your ass back to school and finish your degree.  You need a plan to get out of your marriage and your degree may just be a step in the right direction.  Reach out to your close friends and family to see how supportive they will be.  No need to tell them your plans for leaving your relationship or your husband's lack of support.  Those who love you will support you if they can.

My story:  I am a single mother going through a divorce.  My husband decided cheat while I started nursing school (my third Bachelor's Degree).  So I am in California, away from everything I know.  My husband is from here and my family is not in my life, so it was important for me to move here for my son to have a big family (my husband is one of six kids).  Now I depend on two of my best friends to help me with childcare.  One of my friends is also in nursing school and understands the stress. I graduate in December and I could not have done it without my two close friends,  My son's dad works odd hours (4 am to 4 pm) which doesn't allow him to offer help.  He COULD change his hours, but doesn't.  I do not depend on him.  It hurts, but that is the reality.  Sometimes it SUCKS, but I know come 6 more months things will be very different for my son and I.  I live off savings that was supposed to be for purchasing a house.  I took out loans for school costs.  It isn't easy, but I need to do what I have to to get to my career goals.

Good luck,

Lo428
by get over yourself on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

So who is supposed to watch your child if you can't put him/her in daycare? It doesn't make sense. You'd think if he wanted you to go to school, he'd make it a little easier.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this
So what happens when you finish and start a job?
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Why can't you do part time school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Does he want you to do it online?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)