Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My MIL acts like my DS is HERS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

So, this is gonna sound crazy, but, I've been noticing strange behavior out of my MIL and I really can't go to anyone about it without sounding like a crazy, myself. 

Last year, when I had my son via C-section, all the family was there passing around the new baby before he finally came back to me. While I was holding him, my MIL pulled a line straight out of Breaking Dawn 2, came over and said "alright, I think that's enough strain on mommy" and tried to take my son out of my arms. I didn't let her and was like "hey, what's your problem? I'm fine." Anytime there's a family get together, she barely relinquishes my DS to anyone who wants to hold him and when she does, she noticeably has a dirty look. She's even got my son to call her "Mamaw" instead of "Mimi" like the rest of her grandkids from my BIL's & SIL's. I put a stop to that and made him start calling her the correct name and she threw a fit over it. Even family members have remarked that it sounds like he's saying "Momma". She tells my son "I'm the big mommy" and "She (me) is the little mommy".  She hovers whenever I'm doing something like changing a dirty diaper and always has to inpect my "job".  Example of something recent: "Your mommy needs to get pregnant again so you stay with ME while mommy is resting!" Like, wtf?! I understand getting excited over your grandkids but she NEVER acted this way with ANY of my in-laws' kids and even THEY notice it, too. 

Anybody else had any experience with this?! Can I get some advice other than something snarky or sarcastic? I'm gonna go bald from yanking my hair out!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:54 AM
My MIL was like that after I had our daughter and the first grandchild and kept calling her "my baby!" I set her bit straight and reminded her who her Mother was and that my word is final.
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Put your food down and call her out on it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM
She seems a bit crazy. And I think you mean inspect
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Is your husband her favorite child , that may explain it 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:02 AM
4 moms liked this

What is she eating lol 

Quoting Benjamins-mama:

Shadowed_Star
by Neko‚̧Wolf on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I would not be dealing with that.
daniellegirly26
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM
That's really freakin weird. Has your hubby said anything to her? I would set her straight and ask point blank why she's doing this shit and tell her Everyone noticed it too. And if you can, take a break from the visits until she calms her ass down!
Good luck!!
daniellegirly26
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM
That's really freakin weird. Has your hubby said anything to her? I would set her straight and ask point blank why she's doing this shit and tell her Everyone noticed it too. And if you can, take a break from the visits until she calms her ass down!
Good luck!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Of it's bugging you so much why don't you just stop seeing her so much??
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
No just throw it lol

Quoting Benjamins-mama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)