Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smokers: Would You Ever Just Sit Down Next To Someone And Light Up?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies

It seems like smokers in my area just don't give a flip or something.

I don't have a car and take public transit sometimes. More than once I have been at a bus stop and someone just lit up. Now if we were standing outside that might be a little different but our bus stops also have little shelters you can wait in and they light up in there next to me and my son. You can either wait outside or inside the shelter and people have more than one time lit up inside the shelter.

It's absolutely disgusting and I always tell my son we are moving to avoid the smoke.

Yesterday I was at the park with my son, sitting at the picnic table watching him play. Now I don't mind sharing the picnic table with strangers but one seriously sat down next to me and lit up.

I moved of course. I don't like being around cigarette smoke and I don't allow it in my home or around my child.

Would you ever just sit down next to someone you didn't know who was not smoking and light up?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I get people smoking at the bus stop so often. It makes me so freaking angry to have to stand outside the shelter with my 6 year old asthmatic in the rain so miss suzie can have her half a smoke before getting on the bus...  -.-

Shew glad to have gotten that out!!!

KTU
by Kim on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't smoke anymore, but when I did, I was very considerate of those around me. 

Sally-Diane
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Nope! I don't smoke in public places. I am the one who has chosen to smoke. It is not fair to make others suffer because of my Stupid decision to smoke.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

No. I stand 10-15 feet away and down wind. Even if they are smoking I give at least 5 feet separation so they aren't in my smoke and I'm not in theirs. I don't smoke in enclosed spaces ever.

KristaP13
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM

No. I don't even smoke my vapor cigarette in close proximity of others. I think it's rude. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:54 AM

No, I quit nearly a year ago but I never lit up in public. Not only is it illegal in my city, it's impolite.

EarlGrayHot
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:54 AM

I'd kick them out or off.  Surely it's illegal to smoke in those shelters. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:54 AM
No. I don't like to smoke around people. It makes me feel so rude. I don't even like passing people on the sidewalk when I'm smoking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Nope. I rarely smoke in public, but if I do I go to the designated areas or pretty far from others.
mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:56 AM

only in vegas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)