Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wednesday is the big day!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ill be induced with our daughter. I cant believe I made it through this and now the hardest part is about to begin.
Im so nervous about Wednesday can you share your experiences (this is my first baby) what was your whole birth process? What happens after you deliver baby? How many days did you stay after you delivered?
Any last minute advice or things to take to the hospital?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Congrats, what is the matter with the baby/pregnancy? I had to be induced/c-section as well it sucked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I have high blood pressure and at my hospital they dont let anyone with that or gestational diabetes go to 40 weeks. So im being induced at 39 weeks and 2 days

Quoting Anonymous:

Congrats, what is the matter with the baby/pregnancy? I had to be induced/c-section as well it sucked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM
My induction was my easiest but longest by far. I was warned it could take 2 days bc you are trying to get your body to do in a few hours what it would normally do in a few weeks. I was discharged after 2 days.
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induced with my first for no other reason than I was already full term. I had the worst birth experience. As soon as I was induced the pressure to dilate and give birth was on. Every hour I was being checked, told if I didn't reach 10 cm by 6 pm, it was an automatic c sec. :/ I reached 10 cm, and then I was told if I didn't push baby out in 30 mins it would be a c sec. I just hated the whole thing.

After that, I took control of my birthing experience.

I hope yours goes a lot better than mine.

What to expect, they will give you Petocin to induce contractions. More than likely your OB will rupture your waters, you may get cervadil to soften your cervix. Once you're fully dilated, you'll push baby out. Then you will birth your placenta. Expect a lot of blood and you may be sore. They'll check baby. You may bleed a lot for a few days, maybe two weeks or more.

Good luck!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Wow im sorry it wasnt a great experience for you. Well thank you for telling me what to expect i feel like im going in this blind!

Quoting LadyBugMom09: I was induced with my first for no other reason than I was already full term. I had the worst birth experience. As soon as I was induced the pressure to dilate and give birth was on. Every hour I was being checked, told if I didn't reach 10 cm by 6 pm, it was an automatic c sec. :/ I reached 10 cm, and then I was told if I didn't push baby out in 30 mins it would be a c sec. I just hated the whole thing.

After that, I took control of my birthing experience.

I hope yours goes a lot better than mine.

What to expect, they will give you Petocin to induce contractions. More than likely your OB will rupture your waters, you may get cervadil to soften your cervix. Once you're fully dilated, you'll push baby out. Then you will birth your placenta. Expect a lot of blood and you may be sore. They'll check baby. You may bleed a lot for a few days, maybe two weeks or more.

Good luck!!!
TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Take chapstick!

CafeMom Tickers
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM

why are you being induced? I was induced with DS because i didnt know better. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!

tattedmommy730
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM
I was induced two days before my due date. I was in labor for 27 hours. After baby is born they clean it up, let you hold it, take them for their tests and then you get to hold baby for as much time as you want. I was in the hospital for two days after ds was born
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Congrats! My labor was scary and rare so I won't tell you because I don't want to scare you but I wish you the best of luck! (: 

TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:34 PM

For the record her experience was nothing like mine.. So don't assume it to be like hers,or mine. Every birth is different..

Quoting Anonymous: Wow im sorry it wasnt a great experience for you. Well thank you for telling me what to expect i feel like im going in this blind!
Quoting LadyBugMom09: I was induced with my first for no other reason than I was already full term. I had the worst birth experience. As soon as I was induced the pressure to dilate and give birth was on. Every hour I was being checked, told if I didn't reach 10 cm by 6 pm, it was an automatic c sec. :/ I reached 10 cm, and then I was told if I didn't push baby out in 30 mins it would be a c sec. I just hated the whole thing. After that, I took control of my birthing experience. I hope yours goes a lot better than mine. What to expect, they will give you Petocin to induce contractions. More than likely your OB will rupture your waters, you may get cervadil to soften your cervix. Once you're fully dilated, you'll push baby out. Then you will birth your placenta. Expect a lot of blood and you may be sore. They'll check baby. You may bleed a lot for a few days, maybe two weeks or more. Good luck!!!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)