Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tattoos

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm not judging anyone with tattoos. To each his own. My only issue with some people who have them is that they get angry and upset when you ask them to cover them up. Like I made you get this peacock tattoo at the full length of your right arm and told you to go get a job at a professional office. It makes absolutely no sense.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM
If they were smart they'd seek out jobs that have no problem with this.
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I see what your saying, but I think it's ridiculous that people are so easily offended that I have to cover up who I am. Stop being such a prude. But like you said, it's expected in a professional setting, so why fight it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Why should they have to cover them up
Shadowed_Star
by Neko‚̧Wolf on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM
6 moms liked this
I personally think we need to grow with the times. Tattoos should no longer be seen as "unprofessional" and same goes with piercings.
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I have tattoos and I agree. I got them places I could cover them if need be (back, neck, ankle, wrist) with clothes or jewelry. I'm lucky to work in a school district with such an accepting dress policy. But I've worked plenty of jobs in which I had to cover them and never got mad. I got these tats knowing what I was getting into.

WillowRose24
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:13 PM

All mine are hidden when I wear clothes. The ONLY one you can see is my Lorax tat on my ankle and that's if I'm wearing shorts.

KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:15 PM

If I ever got remarried I would wear make-up over my tattoos. I'm not ashamed of them at all, but I want to look a certain way on my wedding day. I want people to be staring at me, not judging my tattoo choices while I'm in a pretty champagne colored lace dress.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Smh just like you made the choice to get tattoos and piercings, I can choose not to have you work at my professional business.

Quoting Shadowed_Star: I personally think we need to grow with the times. Tattoos should no longer be seen as "unprofessional" and same goes with piercings.
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Pics! I LOVE The Lorax!

Quoting WillowRose24:

All mine are hidden when I wear clothes. The ONLY one you can see is my Lorax tat on my ankle and that's if I'm wearing shorts.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Thankfully, most business owners are smart enough to hire people based on their education, intellect, experience, work ethic and morals as opposed to their appearance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN