Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Before my marriage "kicks the bucket" list. Need a little help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I read somewhere that couples that do new things together are happier. Dh and I have been separated and have had a really rocky marriage. A lot of people would be happy if we got a divorc but neither us really want to throw in the towel yet.

We both started letting ourselves go and in addition to not taking of ourselves we stopped taking care of each other. I'm a total introvert and not a big risk taker. I'm trying to be more open to doing more adventurous things though.

I'm created a "bucket list" of sorts. Help me come up with fun things to do to shake things up a bit and get outside of the house and enjoying life together.

So far here's what we have planned this summer.

-going to a baseball game
-ziplining/obstacle course
-rock climbing class

Just to be clear it would he next to impossible to get him in a dance class so save your breath lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe asking a bunch of women who spend their free time online isn't the best idea. Lol.

Bump?
superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Counseling has so helped us both. Our marriage is stronger than ever..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Fishing? Kayaking?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I just want DH to hang out with me without his damn phone
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM
We are going to do that. Right now he's resistance to it though. He's done individual counseling through the VA and it was a joke so he's not convinced marriage counseling would be any better.

Quoting superwoman8977: Counseling has so helped us both. Our marriage is stronger than ever..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Try something new in bed? Watch a series together, maybe a few episodes at a time. (Like Netflix. Something you both could enjoy and discuss.)
Opal614
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
We really enjoy geocaching together as a family.
halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Id be happy to go to dinner alone w him. Its been almost 4 years. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Sky diving hiking swimming dance classes cooking class go karting go on groupon and look at the local attractions
superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM
We are doing the warrior 2 soulmate program through the VA it is awesome!! My husband knew our marriage was worth fighting for and found us this program plus he knew he had an issue and enrolled in the Saps program...but it took 4 years of hell and me theeatening to be done before he realized there was an issue...

Quoting Anonymous: We are going to do that. Right now he's resistance to it though. He's done individual counseling through the VA and it was a joke so he's not convinced marriage counseling would be any better.
Quoting superwoman8977: Counseling has so helped us both. Our marriage is stronger than ever..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)