Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTH is wrong with Doctors?????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

I had surgery back in March and the next day, they took me off Dilaudid and switched me to Motrin.

I had major dental work done 2 weeks ago (2 molars pulled)......No pain meds were scripted, I was told to take Aleve.  I have gone back 3 times to have bone removed, was given a shot (numbing) and no pain meds.

I have been crying with agonizing pain since late June and I've even been to the ER.  I have taken 20 days of antibiotic and 7 of a different antibiotic (at the same time) and a week ago was given an antibiotic shot (at the ER)........my face is still swollen, my jaw (upper and lower) and my teeth are excruciating. I'm also spitting up blood every morning now (gross and dark purple/brown). Now he's going to refer me to an oral surgeon (that I can't afford)......I can't get in to see him until tomorrow at 4 and agin told me to take Aleve.. 

Not everyone is trying to start or keep up an addiction........SOME OF US ARE JUST IN PAIN AND NEED HELP.......

Just a vent.......I'd like to knock his teeth out and then give him aleve.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
j3st3r
by Jedi on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:21 PM

They're being cautious because this type of situation- untreated dental disease- is the very reason many people become addicted to pain meds.

Am I understanding you that you currently are not seeing a dentist?  If you can give me a general area, I can try to locate a charity dental group near you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

So sorry to hear this. It seems the people that really seem to need it- they wont give. Then other people that don't want them or really need them (like my mom) they push and push for her to get on some kind of pain killers and she doesn't want to. I hope you start feeling better soon:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:30 PM

This started the week of the 4th and the office was closed until the 7th.  I went on the 8th, had both teeth pulled (nopain meds given), 2 days later I was back to get bone removed, I went back 2 more times (last time was last Wed) to get bone removed.  I went to the ER the 1st time b/c he was closed and they gave me antibiotics.  I went to the ER the 2nd time on a Sat. the 12th b/c my face was even more swollen, they gave me a shot of antibiotics and 2 scripts for antibiotics.  Tomorrow is the first thing he had available.

So, yes I've been treated quite a bit by this quack, but after this heals, I'll not go back.

I'm in the piedmont area of NC

Quoting j3st3r:

They're being cautious because this type of situation- untreated dental disease- is the very reason many people become addicted to pain meds.

Am I understanding you that you currently are not seeing a dentist?  If you can give me a general area, I can try to locate a charity dental group near you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

So sorry to hear this. It seems the people that really seem to need it- they wont give. Then other people that don't want them or really need them (like my mom) they push and push for her to get on some kind of pain killers and she doesn't want to. I hope you start feeling better soon:(

j3st3r
by Jedi on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:34 PM

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/north_carolina_free_dental_cli.html

Good luck!  I hope you get what you need.

Quoting Anonymous:

This started the week of the 4th and the office was closed until the 7th.  I went on the 8th, had both teeth pulled (nopain meds given), 2 days later I was back to get bone removed, I went back 2 more times (last time was last Wed) to get bone removed.  I went to the ER the 1st time b/c he was closed and they gave me antibiotics.  I went to the ER the 2nd time on a Sat. the 12th b/c my face was even more swollen, they gave me a shot of antibiotics and 2 scripts for antibiotics.  Tomorrow is the first thing he had available.

So, yes I've been treated quite a bit by this quack, but after this heals, I'll not go back.

I'm in the piedmont area of NC

Quoting j3st3r:

mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this

yeah, unfortunately, all the dopeheads have screwed it up so bad that no doc wants to prescribe pain pills to anyone.

i'm so sorry you're hurting tho!!  hope you get relief soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM
That happens to my DH too...I go to the Dr for a throat infection, got antibiotics and pain killers. Got teeth pulled at the dentist, got 800mg ibuprofen and 24 hydrocodone which i only used 2 of lol. My DH went to the same dentist, had more work then me done and he got nada ... doctors are weird. Id be demanding pain killers in your situation.
Lifeisgneiss
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:40 PM
3 moms liked this

It's not the doctors fault. You have no idea what it's like to be the doctors terrified to even write a script bc they might get in trouble. People are making it really hard to practice good medicine. My husband is a physician and he has to be super careful about writing pain meds for patients he doesn't have an existing relationship with bc he can get in trouble and be investigated. It's really sad bc he doesn't like to let people be in pain but it's also not worth getting in trouble about either. Don't be so quick to blame the dr. 

Lifeisgneiss
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Also depending on where you are and what state dr's are only allowed to write a certain number of narcotics a month...

ttriddick
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM
I swear my dentist pushes pain pills on me. I dyont take them, they make me sick.

Did you ask him about some mild pain relievers? I'm sorry you're in pain. That really sucks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)