Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Women who collect child support and don't work. ..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
First of all, how the hell are you surviving on your children's support? If it's for them, they aren't getting all of it as they should. And do the courts order custodial parents to get a job or do they just increase their cs???

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:54 PM
4 moms liked this
I think most of them are on PA as well. You can almost make a living off the system these days :/
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Lots of them are remarried and are stay at home moms. Some live off welfare. Some have family money and don't need to work.
grandmotherof6
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Well, I don't know any one that get child support and don't work not unless you are rich!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom got alimony and CS after my dad cheated. $4000 a month for 2 years. It helped her maintain the home she was raising my youngest brother in, and save aside. She eventually had to find work of course, as it was temporary.
autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:55 PM
9 moms liked this

are none of your business. 

KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I don't see how it's even possible. My CO states only $12.50 per week!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I was a stay at home mom for several years. I got CS. Dh supported us. I also only filed for a CS review once in 18 years. My ex decided to be an ass to my son after he(my son) tried to reach out to him and it just so happened the Review paperwork came in the mail. Instead of trashing it this time I filled it out. He got screwed they doubled his support.

belindah
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I know of one court that told mom she had to get a job, not sure if that is a normal thing or not.

achorney
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Now you get one or the other. If you get child support, the state will not award you alimony unless the husband agrees to that privately.

Quoting Anonymous: My mom got alimony and CS after my dad cheated. $4000 a month for 2 years. It helped her maintain the home she was raising my youngest brother in, and save aside. She eventually had to find work of course, as it was temporary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Being a sahm. Also child support doesn't have to go all to the child, it is suppose to help support the child meaning bills, food, gas etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN