Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is with so many women not having friends?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 362 Replies
I don't get it really. Another post got me thinking and wondering why so many of you women do not have friends. All through elementary school I considered myself lucky to make ond friends because I moved to a new school. My 5th grade year we moved to the area we stayed in permenantly. The majority of my friends, I have been friends with 10+ years and 2 of them I have been as close as sisters with for 20+ years. Yes some of those friends are male and SO is ok with that.

So please explain to me why so mamy women do not have friends? Oh and why do you whine about it, but refuse to even try ti build friendships with people?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I have plenty of friends, but not mamy from school because I left when I was 15 and went traveling the country. Most I've known four or five years-ish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I have a lot of friends as well as three sisters who are my best friends. I need friends.
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:14 PM
28 moms liked this

Because all of us women are judgemental bitches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I think that they are assholes both online and IRL.  Why else wouldn't you have friends.

the.B.karma
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Well for me it's most certainly for 2 reasons.

1. I have horrendous social anxiety. I don't really do anything social and up until I was even 17-18 I would cry when I had to so I mean, it's not something I care to do very much.

2. I really just have no need I guess. I'm a single mom, I live with family so I can be with my son raising him. I have one friend which is my ex-aunt. 

bozobean
by Jennifer on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:16 PM
17 moms liked this
I have only a couple friends, but I don't whine or complain about it. I value quality, not quantity of people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Can I ask if you know why you have social anxiety? What causes it?

Quoting the.B.karma:

Well for me it's most certainly for 2 reasons.

1. I have horrendous social anxiety. I don't really do anything social and up until I was even 17-18 I would cry when I had to so I mean, it's not something I care to do very much.

2. I really just have no need I guess. I'm a single mom, I live with family so I can be with my son raising him. I have one friend which is my ex-aunt. 

SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a couple and I'm good with that. I like my alone time though
R00k
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:18 PM
38 moms liked this
Easy there, with your 10+/20+ yr relationships.
Not all of us stayed in the same spot for 20 yrs. And friends become harder to come by when you get older, because your standards change, and your situations change.
Not that difficult to figure out. Let's take you out of your safe little circle of friends and toss you out in the middle of a state or country where you know nobody, slap you on the back, tell you good luck and don't be a hypocrite and complain a little! Lol
dragonborn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:18 PM

I had a lot of friends in high school, but we all scattered after graduation. I talk to them on Facebook but rarely see them.
I have one best friend currently. We have known each other for about a year now and hang out multiple time a week. Before her, I was a SAHM and had no way of making new friends. We don't have mom groups in my area, and I didn't go to any town events. Luckily, she is my neighbour so we met and became quick, close friends.
Oh, and I am a total introvert and have social anxiety so I hate meeting new people. Hard to make new friends when you can't meet new people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN