Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mother in law problem

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
First off let me say I'm a young mom and I think me and my fiancé do a pretty damn good job or raising our one year old. We have a lot of help and support from my family.. But his mother is a different story. It is like she hates my son hates me and hates her own son since we got pregnant. She hardly ever calls to ask about him always has smart things to say to us and wants us to bring our son around her dad who is a drug addict and I don't want my son around that and she gets more upset over the fact he can't see my son than the fact she doesn't get to see him. I don't send her picture I don't talk to her she hardly sees him at all. I absolutely hate the woman. Am I in the wrong? I don't know what to do. Because my fiancés dad loves my son to death! But he doesn't get to see him because I choose not to be around her. I can't talk to her because I will explode on her and I just want to keep peace in the family. It just hurts me for my sons sake that he's missing out on having a grandmother from that side of the family. Am I wrong for not wanting to be around her? Some things she has done :

Said we shouldn't have had him

Never ask about him

Never talks to him when she does see him

Never said she loved him

Makes a difference in other grand kids

Doesnt speak to me either (which is fine with me, just petty) I've never done anything but be nice to her.

Akways brags about what she buys for every one else and never buys him anything. (Which he doesn't need anything it's just the fact of.. Don't brag about what you do for others and not my son in front of me)

Complains about how we do everything because it isn't her way.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, knowing literally almost nothing about this situation, I'm going to say.....*flips coin*.....That she's probably pissed off that her son chose to plow and plant a young lady when he can't support himself, her or the DNA Milkshake that emerged, so she's bellowing and flailing all over the world because given the limited information I have at my disposal, she has no experience with normal human relationships. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:23 AM
It strikes me as kinda weird that through the whole post you refered to the child as "your" son. He does belong to your so, too, doesn't he?
As long as she doesn't trash talk you in front of your son, suck it up and try to get along. If you can't get along with her, have your so take him over to his mom's and make sure his dad knows he is welcomed anytime at your place. I had a mil like that, she was born a bitch and died alone, with no kids or gkids around her. But she proved herself to her gkids on her own. Hell, her daughter doesn't even know where her ashes are.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:08 AM
I think you need to take the high road here. Give them a chance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:12 AM
I've never know anyone in my life that enjoys being around, talking to, or hearing from their MIL! I know I don't she's the most demeaning human being out there.
activitymode
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:13 AM
Light her house on fire.

Make sure she isn't home though. Don't want to send to big of a message..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:16 AM
Sounds like my MIL.... Yikes! I don't think you need to suck up anything about her! Just cuz your married doesn't mean you have to deal with this as it's not a part of the marriage license in my book😃
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)