Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Maybe I don't get it because I have a boy

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:40 AM
  • 228 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have a boy and his hair is short but a little bit wavy and I've let it grow before so there are curls in back - surfer- like... I always either trim the front or mousse it. He is 3 1/2. I always see little girls with their bangs covering their eyes or going in their eyes. Sometimes they have a little barrette but it's falling out a lot if times. My mom used to redo my little sister's ponytail and keep her bangs trimmed so this wouldn't happen. How can they play and see? It also gets sweaty all on the forehead. I would just hairspray it over or put on a cloth headband especially in summer. A little front half pigtail is so cute with a regular hair tie it should stay in. Hmm I don't get it. There are a couple I see at the playgroup with nice, neat hair outta their faces but still. Annoys me. Rant over.
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Flylady14
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Right now my dd is growing out her bangs but yes. I have always kept it trimmed or pony tails or clips. However she has played hard and she has soft hair so they come out at times. Not always parents fault. I know in kindergarten I will have to get it out of her eyes always. But sometimes as they get older they don't want it. I am fight with her about it because of swimming. 

MaiVal
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest, almost 7 has long hair and i tell her to brush it all the time. it gets so tangled. Or i french braid it when she asks. Otherwise, she doesn't care much about it, she likes her hair and doesnt want it cut. 

My younger daughter is too little to know better, 21 months, so i pull her hair into a pony tail, she hates when i do it, but it keeps the hair out of her face. 

My son hates when i buzz his head, but i only do it maybe twice a year. 

And my baby boy has no idea lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:55 AM
15 moms liked this

Kids play.  Their hair falls out.  It isn't a parenting fail; it's just the way it is.  If it bothers you that much, invent elastics and barrettes that stay put - I'm sure many mothers would thank you.

mjhunter
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:57 AM
10 moms liked this
Hairspray in a child hair? No way!
bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

For me, even with my son, hair is not a battle I choose to fight.  My exceptions would be if it was a danger (like not able to see) or if it is not kept clean and combed.

My son gets REALLY sweaty with short hair (#2 buzz is his choice), so length has nothing to do with for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:59 AM
Grow your sons hair out and then you will understand.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I do my daughters hair (she'll be 6 in September) all of the time before we leave-bangs out of the face, hair in a braid (she has hair almost down to her butt), etc... Five minutes later it looks like I've done nothing.

My son has curly long hair (shoulder length) and even when I just brush it, it looks awesome and never need to do anything. Maybe it is just because you have a boy.
Mrs_ring3
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:01 AM
My dd is 3 and very strong willed. Her hair is finally starting to grow but its several different lengths until it gets long enough to even it out. I consider it a success if I get her hair up so redoing it over and over usually isn't worth the fight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Those ridiculous front ponytails are NOT cute.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:02 AM
My daughters hair has ALWAYS naturally formed a curtain across her face. I've had it cut, I've forced her to wear it up in braids, but it ALWAYS winds up out and in her face. After 11 years I gave up and told her it was her choice. Some battles aren't worth fighting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN