Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 1 year old was misbehaving so I sent him to bed without dinner

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:07 AM
  • 502 Replies
2 moms liked this

Apparently a lot of people have trouble with reading comprehension.  (1) NOT PUNISHMENT.  (2) I did not refuse to feed him.  I attempted multiple times to feed him.  He refused. I took him out, changed his clothes and diaper and tried again.  I tried feeding him on my lap.  He refused.  (3) I gave him extra milk and sat and cuddled with him for awhile.  I did not neglect him.  (4) We put him to bed, he fell asleep instantly and slept through the night for 12 hours.  (5) this was very unusual behavior for him  (6) he is not teething--he has all of his teeth and I don't expect the 2 year molars would be coming in this early (7) a lot of women on here are so insecure in their own parenting that they need to criticize other parents without actually reading the text--yes, the title was misleading; it was designed for people to click on it and come in

I guess posting about a bad day looking for other moms who have been there or might have words of encouragement is not possible around here.  People prefer to judge and attack including calling me incredibly offensive names and telling me I'm a shitty parent who needs parenting classes.  Look in the mirror people.

Yesterday my 14 month old was being exceptionally bratty.  He started the day by throwing a full blown temper tantrum kicking and screaming and hitting his fists on the floor.  By evening he wasn't much better.  He fought me leaving daycare, didn't want to get in his carseat to go home, tried to run away and refused to listen when we were home.  He arched his back and refused to go in the high chair.  He swatted his spoon away and wouldn't eat his cottage cheese (usually a favorite).  He threw his banana on the floor without even taking a bite (again, usually a favorite). He kept kicking us and screaming, so we put him to bed without him having any dinner. 

I hope today is easier.

by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this
you must be so proud
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:11 AM
2 moms liked this
He must have been way past it. Or coming down with something. :/ tomorrow is a new day, and he must have needed the extra sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:12 AM
21 moms liked this
He's a year old and needs to eat. You clearly need to work on your parenting skills.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:13 AM
11 moms liked this

And the anonymous bit***s are already coming out of the woodwork. 

Quoting Anonymous: you must be so proud

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
O.o
ok.....well, if he wakes up grumpy don't send him back to bed without feeding him again if that's an all time solution.
Have a lovely day i gues...
bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:14 AM
14 moms liked this

You fail.

Sorry, at 14 months old, there is obviously an issue that causes a child to act like that.  I would suggest putting the child to bed early enough so that he wakes up on his own.  Waking a child can lead to behavior problems, even if it isn't daily.  Start with the basics.  He had a bad day.  Even adults have bad days.  Be more sympathetic next time.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:14 AM
8 moms liked this

Wow, so I'm supposed to tie him down and shove food down his throat when he's pushing it away?  I gave him extra milk but he wouldn't eat.  I guess it's better that we create a monster who has an eating disorder before kindergarten because he's tied down with food shoved down his throat. 

Quoting Anonymous: He's a year old and needs to eat. You clearly need to work on your parenting skills.

Canadiana
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

He's one.  That is what they do.  Get a clue, and make sure he has something to eat, even if you put him to bed early.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:15 AM

That's what we were thinking because he went right to sleep and slept through the night without waking. 

Quoting Anonymous: He must have been way past it. Or coming down with something. :/ tomorrow is a new day, and he must have needed the extra sleep.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM
2 moms liked this

He slept through the night.  We would have fed him if he had been willing to take the food.  We tried. 

Quoting Lilith23: O.o ok.....well, if he wakes up grumpy don't send him back to bed without feeding him again if that's an all time solution. Have a lovely day i gues...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)