Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you listen to your pediatrician?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 248 Replies
4 moms liked this
Or other mothers? Or when it comes to parenting do you research and decided on your own?

I have a 4 month old. At one month he was getting apple juice, 1/2 ounce to 1/2 ounce of water a day for constipation. Breast fed baby. At 6 weeks he started oatmeal cereal. Last week I started him on stage one, made by me, foods. Squash and sweet potatoes.

I started immediately with him watching kiddie shows. Now he sits in his walker for 30 minutes twice a day and watches Yo Gabba Gabba and loves it I talk to him constantly he talks back.
The doctor said she rarely sees a baby his age so interactive. He rolls over both ways and grabs his toys and puts them to his mouth.

My parenting is controversial. I allow him to tell me when he is ready for something. And we go from there.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:40 AM
I listen to me NEW pediatrician and some parents, but also heavily research. My pedi is amazing though he will give HIS perspective and his medical advice. He had 5 children himself, promotes extended breastfeeding too. I love my pedi!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:40 AM
6 moms liked this

I only listen to the pedi 100% in matters of illness. I do not take her advice on nutrition and parenting.  if hes got an ear infection the I take her word as gold!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:41 AM
26 moms liked this
At 4 months old he knows what he wants and needs? Interesting....
mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:41 AM
We don't have a pedi but I listen to myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. He has natural instincts as do all babies. I don't pigeonhole him to age appropriateness.

Quoting Anonymous: At 4 months old he knows what he wants and needs? Interesting....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:43 AM
We are military, they frown upon not going to the doctors regularly. Otherwise I would not have one either.

Quoting mommieof38829: We don't have a pedi but I listen to myself.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:44 AM
I do for the things that don't come naturally to me, like when I should have started them on food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:45 AM
6 moms liked this
As I said, interesting....

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. He has natural instincts as do all babies. I don't pigeonhole him to age appropriateness.

Quoting Anonymous: At 4 months old he knows what he wants and needs? Interesting....
the.B.karma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:45 AM
3 moms liked this

A vast majority of the time I have not listenened to peds. They are usually wrong and fucking stupid as hell. Same thing with my mother at least when it comes to parenting. She takes notes from me, literally.

I'm really the only one for the job.

mandy18192
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting JackAttacks:

I only listen to the pedi 100% in matters of illness. I do not take her advice on nutrition and parenting.  if hes got an ear infection the I take her word as gold!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)