Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O Would your husband....

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 197 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've seen a lot of talk here about how moms should have back up plans, something to cushion them if their dh left or died. The question gets asked a lot, whether or not we could care for our kids without our husbands. But what about the men? Do you think they should have a back up plan as well? How would your partner fare without you?

I worry about how dh would manage if something happened to me. Financially he'd be ok, but he can't drive. I handle anything to do with driving. Groceries, appointments, I even drive him to work. I would never leave him intentionally, but what if I die? It's something we need to talk about.
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Financially, he and the kids would be fine. Emotionally, he'd be a mess. We've been together over 20 years, more than our lives, so for both of us life without the other is a foreign idea.

casah4
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM

My DH could handle it just fine without me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM
My husband would be just fine. He does a great job taking care of them alone.
zeenah
by Zarah on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:38 AM
I think he would survive without me and the kids we be a-ok.
LalasMommy1125
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Financially they would be fine. I would hope that dd is old enough to do her own hair because I've seen his attempts...not good! He's smart enough to take her to the salon or one of my friends could help out. I'm sure it would wreck them emotionally.
MzD3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Our kids are grown so it's just us two . I worry more about this now than ever. 

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM
I think he would do just fine
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM
3 moms liked this
He'd do a kick ass job, financially and emotionally.
If it was not for him i wouldn't think of having children, ever.
He's a good dad.
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
We've only been together 5 years, but it's like that for us as well. We're a team. It would be like losing an arm or leg.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Financially, he and the kids would be fine. Emotionally, he'd be a mess. We've been together over 20 years, more than our lives, so for both of us life without the other is a foreign idea.

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:49 AM

He'd figure it out. Childcare would probably be an issue for a while, because being a single parent in the military is rough, but he's perfectly capable of living his life on his own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)