Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So f***ing fed up with the college students who live beside us

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 121 Replies
We recently moved to a new town because my DH's job was either going to transfer him here or lay him off. So we had no time to plan or research a move. We picked this building because it's affordable, close to his job (he can walk so no need for both our cars to be insured) and was nice and clean.

The problem? It's full of college students. They have late parties, we call the cops, but they just take the ticket for noise and keep on. I can live with that because my kids are heavy sleepers and it's just annoying but not the end of the world.

The actual problem? Our next door neighbours will play gangsta rap with the windows open. We have to keep ours open too as we don't have a/c. So my 4yo and 2yo are hearing swearing and vile songs all day, starting to repeat words and I hate it. I asked them to either not play it or close the window and they said no. I talked to management and they said they can't do anything about it unless it's after quiet hours and stuff, but they can't force them to keep their windows closed.

Any advice? I'm so annoyed and ready to leave this place already, but we have another damn year on the lease.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Is there any way to break the lease early? I couldn't stay.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Sounds like not much you can do. When your lease is up do some leg work on a new place and move.

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Complain to the property manager.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:22 PM
14 moms liked this

Play equally loud Gospel or classical music? Take your kids to the park all day? Sneak into the maintenance room and flip their breaker every time they get too noisy?

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Can you sublet your apartment and find something else?

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM
4 moms liked this

I dealt with an idiot neighbor with bad taste in music. The key is, to start blaring your music.  I highly recomend the score from the Star Wars movies. And Yanni. Yanni proves quite a good point to dumb fuckers that listen to that shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM
5 moms liked this
Move it's already an established young person dwelling... The cops do nothing so stop wasting their time calling and just look to move out. Don't be that crazy neighbor who moves their family into an apartment where mostly singles live and try and change stuff you'll end up regretting it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy a portable a/c unit and keep your windows closed.  You may try asking the property manager if you could change units without breaking your lease.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Not without finding any one else to rent it and we haven't had any luck at all yet.

Quoting Anonymous: Is there any way to break the lease early? I couldn't stay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Such is life living in an apartment.

I can hear my neighbor's dog's nails when he walks. They seem to think screaming is how normal people talk. In my old place I could hear the neighbor's cell phone vibrate.

Don't like it, get a house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN