Ugh! Being a grown up and making decisions sucks. What would you do?
The last store he was at was our dream location, geographically, but there wasn't much room for advancement.
Here's our dilemma. Since he's been here, there hasn't been a concrete plan for him past the summer. We've stretched ourselves thin financially, because of his commute and lateral job move.
His last store has recently had a sudden vacancy.It would be a promotion, although the salary cap is close to what he's making now. Again, this is our dream location, but room for advancement depends on someone else leaving.
When his corporate team here got wind of his application today, his DM met with him. He just let me know what happened.
They don't want to lose him here. They told him that a super flagship store would be opening in a year, and the department is his if he'll wait it out. That's big money, and the.district here has tons of room for growth. The problem is, we'd be struggling for the next year, and we still don't know whete he's going to be until then, so we can't move quite yet to ease the financial strain. He's currently commuting 2+ hours a day to work. We moved here because of schools and he was only supposed to be at this store for 4 months. It's killing us.
We don't know what to do. What would you do, if you were in this situation?