Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just Stop Already

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Stop complaining about your life when you are doing nothing to change it!! You can't pay your bills? Get a job, babysit, petsit, sell stuff - just make it happen!! Don't like where you live? Move! Don't like how your SO treats you? Leave them!

Don't come on here asking for advice on how to pay your bills because there's more money going out than coming in and expect no one to tell you to get a job. When I wanted more income, I turned to babysitting and found children to watch around my schedule. I've also been selling things we don't need to try to get my student loans paid off. I saw a need and I made it happen.

I thought this was common sense? Guess common sense is not so common anymore....

If there's a will, there's a way! Make it happen already!

by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KristaP13
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:05 PM

People here are full of excuses. They ask a stupid question, get obvious answers and follow it up with BS excuses as to why that wouldn't work. 

winkyloafed
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM
It's natural for women to make excuses and blame everyone else for their own misfortunes rather than resolve them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:07 PM
It's a sticky subject.

On one hand people have a victim complex, on the other hand it's really not as simple as that. There's a lot more going on psychologically, socially, and culturally that effect out ability to do something.
corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Many times people feel frustrated or trapped and don't know what to do.  Getting ideas here or just venting makes them feel better.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

It's what my Dad used to say!!   And he was wise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Most would rather have the excuses
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I don't judge those whose lives I do not live. Moving isn't feasible for all, and leaving someone, while it seems like a no brainer in many instances, we don't know their situation or hardships. As for money, some have two or three jobs and sadly still don't make ends meet. I am thanksful not be one of those people, but I won't claim to know how THEY can get out of their situation.

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM
This

Quoting corticosteroid:

Many times people feel frustrated or trapped and don't know what to do.  Getting ideas here or just venting makes them feel better.

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM

It's so frustrating! I mean if you've actually tried to fix it, then complain away, but if you've done nothing to fix it then stop. That's as bad as doing drugs/speeding/driving drunk and getting caught and getting pissed at the cops....don't do it if you don't want to get caught. It really is a simple concept.

Quoting KristaP13:

People here are full of excuses. They ask a stupid question, get obvious answers and follow it up with BS excuses as to why that wouldn't work. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN