Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Small update pg 12...My pool should belong to you too? And why is that? *Update, gets even better!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 158 Replies
1 mom liked this
We have relatively new neighbours. Most people on this street have lived here 15 years or more, the only exceptions are 2 houses split into 2 apartments each. The longest of any tenant in of these is 5 years. The ones upstairs across the street have been there 1 1/2 years, so ya for here relatively new.

They over ran the downstairs neighbors, an elderly disabled couple (wife in a wheelchair even). Took over the porch and put so much on it the husband downstairs can not get his wife out the front, leave garbage open and it goes all over the yard and road, took up 4 parking spots in front of the house and the downstairs couple can not park in front any more, only let their 2 kids out about 3 time a month and when they do they either ignore the kids (4 and 2) or do really stupid things with them.

For example ONCE, and only once, the upstairs husband weed wacked. The 2 year old was watching and holding the rails of the porch. This father thought it was funny to wack the rails, with his son's hands on it, with the weedwacker, while it was turned on, with the 4 year old and mom watching. The mom just laughed. While the parents argue, the kids will wander into the road on a blind curve, and throw rocks at each other. The parents say nothing to the kids, but if the dog wanders into the road after the kids, they will call the dog back.

Last year they set off fireworks, right next to their neighbor's car and melted off the paint, even though there is a full yard at their disposal. Never apologized, never paid for damages.

Seriously stupid and rude people.

I was in my yard just now. We gave a privacy fence, but this couple can see into my yard from their apartment windows. We have a pool and in the past have let neighbours we are close to use it for their kids or grandkids. We are by no means the only ones with a pool on the street. There are about 4 others.

This bitch was just outside bitching loudly while on her phone (kids upstairs alone) that it was too hot for her and how greedy we are that we don't come and tell her she can use our pool anytime they want! Then went on to say that anyone who has a pool is supposed to share it with ALL their neighbors! O.o

Keep in mind they have a yard and could pay $20 for one of those rectangular ones or even a slide one at Big Lots (they brag to the downstairs neighbors that they have loads of money, so buying one should be no issue). They could drive 10 minutes to use 2 different community pools!

WHAT?! Um, you have no respect for others, have shown how lazy and rude you are, have destroyed other's property and never apologized or replaced it, and ignore your kids and think endangering them is funny.

Nope bitch, not gonna happen.

WTF is going on in this world? Is this lazy, entitled attitude rampant everywhere? Am I wrong for not inviting them here? I don't think I am. I tried to be nice to her before, but she treats others as if they should be her servants. No thanks.

**Update
I forgot something outside and went out to get it. She is still out there, without the kids or even a monitor, still on phone. Now she is ranting, and I can only assume the person on other end is egging her on or agreeing with her, that she's gonna use it whether 'those assholes like it or not'!

Haha! So here's my thought. We should pretend to leave, come back around our neighbour's house and be waiting in the yard for them to break into our yard.

Any suggestions? Or do you all like this idea?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:51 PM
5 moms liked this
You'll end up sued or something, don't let them use your pool.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My neighbors have a pool and have invited us and I still feel weird about using it! I can't imagine just expecting it! We joined our community pool this year because I felt better about it and can stay as long as I want :)

casah4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I'd stay far, far away from that drama.

MissMandaz
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Fawk them dude!!!
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM
8 moms liked this

Just answer, "Because it is not true. Maybe that is the case in whatever trailer park your parents made meth in while you were growing up, but I don't allow trash in my home of pool. You people are way too destructive to allow in my home."

That will shut her up.

casah4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Danesmommy1: You'll end up sued or something, don't let them use your pool.

Can you imagine them not supervising their kids in the pool and one of them drowns?!?  Horrible!

KristaP13
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:54 PM
4 moms liked this

I would not want trashy, disrespectful garbage anywhere near my pool either. Screw them. I'd be watching and waiting for a reason to call the landlord and doing my best to get them evicted. Sounds like they don't deserve to have the kids either, next sign of abuse like the weed wacker incident and I'd have CPS at their door as well. 

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Two neighbors have offered to let us use their pool, but it feels awkward to invite ourselves.  DO NOT let them use your pool.  Do you know the landlord?  I would report them to the landlord.  If they are blocking wheelchair access, call elder services and report them for that too.  UGH.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:54 PM

You aren't wrong at all.  I wouldn't want them over either.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM

No, you're not rude, they are.  Their parents obviously never taught them how to behave in society. Bravo for not letting their entitled bullying behavior get to you. 

Quoting Anonymous: We have relatively new neighbors. Most people on this street have lived here 15 years or more, the only exceptions are 2 houses split into 2 apartments each. The longest of any tenant in of these is 5 years. The ones upstairs across the street have been there 1 1/2 years, so ya for here relatively new. They over ran the downstairs neighbors, an elderly disabled couple (wife in a wheelchair even). Took over the porch and put so much on it the husband downstairs can not get his wife out the front, leave garbage open and it goes all over the yard and road, took up 4 parking spots in front of the house and the downstairs couple can not park in front any more, only let their 2 kids out about 3 time a month and when they do they either ignore the kids (4 and 2) or do really stupid things with them. For example ONCE, and only once, the upstairs husband weed wacked. The 2 year old was watching and holding the rails of the porch. This father thought it was funny to wack the rails, with his son's hands on it, with the weedwacker, while it was turned on, with the 4 year old and mom watching. The mom just laughed. While the parents argue, the kids will wander into the road on a blind curve, and throw rocks at each other. The parents say nothing to the kids, but if the dog wanders into the road after the kids, they will call the dog back. Last year they set off fireworks, right next to their neighbor's car and melted off the paint, even though there is a full yard at their disposal. Never apologized, never paid for damages. Seriously stupid and rude people. I was in my yard just now. We gave a privacy fence, but this couple can see into my yard from their apartment windows. We have a pool and in the past have let neighbours we are close to use it for their kids or grandkids. We are by no means the only ones with a pool on the street. There are about 4 others. This bitch was just outside bitching loudly while on her phone (kids upstairs alone) that it was too hot for her and how greedy we are that we don't come and tell her she can use our pool anytime they want! Then went on to say that anyone who has a pool is supposed to share it with ALL their neighbors! O.o Keep in mind they have a yard and could pay $20 for one of those rectangular ones or even a slide one at Big Lots (they brag to the downstairs neighbors that they have loads of money, so buying one should be no issue). They could drive 10 minutes to use 2 different community pools! WHAT?! Um, you have no respect for others, have shown how lazy and rude you are, have destroyed other's property and never apologized or replaced it, and ignore your kids and think endangering them is funny. Nope bitch, not gonna happen. WTF is going on in this world? Is this lazy, entitled attitude rampant everywhere? Am I wrong for not inviting them here? I don't think I am. I tried to be nice to her before, but she treats others as if they should be her servants. No thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN