Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We just got 14k

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

My husband's company went public and he received a 14k merger bonus.  I'm letting us use $1000 of the $$ for some home improvements, odds and ends, then I put 13k into an investment account that is our rainy day savings.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:22 PM
3 moms liked this
He gets the the bonus and you say "Im letting" us use it for this and this? Give your husband back his balls and let him make choices to. WOW
gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:29 PM
4 moms liked this

In some families, with bonuses like that, it's something that the spouses decide on how to spend it, or how not to spend it. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

Quoting Anonymous: He gets the the bonus and you say "Im letting" us use it for this and this? Give your husband back his balls and let him make choices to. WOW

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Whatever! If their married its BOTH their choices. You must also be a wife thats the same way but tobeach their own. I still say give him his balls back

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

In some families, with bonuses like that, it's something that the spouses decide on how to spend it, or how not to spend it. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

Quoting Anonymous: He gets the the bonus and you say "Im letting" us use it for this and this? Give your husband back his balls and let him make choices to. WOW

YuppyMom
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:32 PM

That's great.  My husband's Xmas bonus is a bit more than that eac\=h year.  I just use it for "fun money" .  I won't get on ya for saying "letting us" use it because it sounds like you probaby do the bills and such and have control of the money for the most part.  I have always done the same. Regardless of my husband's sizable income, I have always doled out what he gets weekly for pocket money and such and decided where monbey is spent.  We invest together, but he pretty much tells/asks me when he is wanting/needing money beyond what I let him have weekly....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Um did you miss the part that said she decided not me and my husband decided?

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:39 PM

You're right, it is BOTH of their decisions. However, what if in their family, the husband had some spending problems in the past and he asked his wife to help keep him/their finances in check? You have no idea if that's the case. You're just assuming that. In our family, I am in charge of the finances. Yes, we both discuss and agree on big purchases, but I'm the one who makes the budget and sets everything up. Why? Because in the past my DH was one who had problems keeping track of his spending. We both agreed this is how it would be done.

It's funny how you think that a man doesn't have "his balls" if he allows his wife to make the financial decisions in the family. Kind of sad, too.

Quoting Anonymous: Whatever! If their married its BOTH their choices. You must also be a wife thats the same way but tobeach their own. I still say give him his balls back
Quoting gilbertgrl627:

Pecuellar
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:40 PM

My husband always gets a chunk of bonuses to use as he pleases.  He worked hard for it and should enjoy some.  The rest goes to the family and he usually slips me some cash just for me.  With a bonus this size we would probably do/get something big we have been wanting like home improvements and save the rest.  I am a saver/investor he is a spender. 

gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:40 PM

And maybe that's the way it works in their family. OR maybe she said "I'm" instead of "we" just because she felt like writing "I'm" instead of "we".

Quoting Anonymous: Um did you miss the part that said she decided not me and my husband decided?
Quoting gilbertgrl627:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:42 PM
And your assuming that he did ask her to do it. And

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

You're right, it is BOTH of their decisions. However, what if in their family, the husband had some spending problems in the past and he asked his wife to help keep him/their finances in check? You have no idea if that's the case. You're just assuming that. In our family, I am in charge of the finances. Yes, we both discuss and agree on big purchases, but I'm the one who makes the budget and sets everything up. Why? Because in the past my DH was one who had problems keeping track of his spending. We both agreed this is how it would be done.

It's funny how you think that a man doesn't have "his balls" if he allows his wife to make the financial decisions in the family. Kind of sad, too.

Quoting Anonymous: Whatever! If their married its BOTH their choices. You must also be a wife thats the same way but tobeach their own. I still say give him his balls back

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Can I borrow 5$?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN