Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Broke.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

So, I have a wealthy grandfather who never made much of an effort to have us in his life. He only recently started reaching out because our mom, his daughter, (who he also had nothing to do with.) passed away. Every time he does see us, he gives us money I guess to make up for being an absent family member. My husband and I are really going through a tough time and I'm tempted to ask him to borrow some money with the intent of paying him back. A couple months ago he sent some money to help me out and I didn't ask but now I really need it and he hasn't offered. I'm ashamed to do it, I hate asking anyone for anything. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM
5 moms liked this

He has already been generous in giving you money. Maybe this is why he has distanced himself from the family?? Just a thought.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Get jobs problem solved
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM
3 moms liked this

We have jobs. Get out of here with your ignorant ass, anonymous

Quoting Anonymous: Get jobs problem solved

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM

What are you talking about? I've never asked him for anything. As I said in my post.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

He has already been generous in giving you money. Maybe this is why he has distanced himself from the family?? Just a thought.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Ask, you have nothing to lose.
If he says no.... Bummer.
If he says yes *throws money in the air*.....
Oh, and we all go through rough times, no shame.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this

You said he has given you money every time you have seen him. That's not enough? I mean really, he finally reaches out to you and the first thing you do is ask for money. Hello.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you talking about? I've never asked him for anything. As I said in my post.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

boricua3177
by Monica on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM
3 moms liked this
If you really plan on paying him back, ask him to borrow the money & tell him you are willing to sign a promissory note. I would also offer interest, like 5%.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Ask, you don't have anything to lose.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM
This. He is not your personal ATM machine. What would you do if he wasn't in the picture?

I'm not one to ask other people for money, so I say you need to figure out a way to come up with the money on your own.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

britaylor
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM
When you really need help its okay to ask. Someday you will be able to return the favor for someone else. Been in that situation before and its a tough one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)