Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I saw this at the park, wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
I saw this at the park, and thought I would post it. Wwyd if you saw this, or were the parent involved?
A father was with his two sons. This park does not have a playground. They were flying kites and having dinner. After dinner the older boy (8 or 9) walked around while the younger boy (2 or 3) stayed with dad and roasted marshmallows. The older boy stopped at their truck and opened the door. The dad called out, "----- don't play with that my keys are in there!" And the boy closed the door. The dad asks him if he locked the door and the boy said yes. The dad was FURIOUS and walked over to try to open the door. When he realized the doors were all locked he pounded the truck a few times, turned around and smacked the kid on the side of the head. He said, "I can't believe you locked the keys in the car after I fucking told you not to! You are such an idiot! Go sit down--far away from me!!"
It started to rain and the guy ended up breaking the back window to get the kids out of the rain. He didn't talk to his son again there.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Bump
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Aawwwwww that made my heart hurt
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Bump
Spam72
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM
3 moms liked this
I would say something. I have before when parents are rough with kids. I usually start out by trying to empathize. "That sucks that your keys were left I there when it was locked."
If he didn't calm down I'd take his plate down to make sure mom was informed. It could be a weekend dad and I would want to know if my child were being hit by an x. The dad was at fault. He should have kept his keys in his pocket.
two4one
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM
11 moms liked this

He hit the kid once. Nit something I would do, but he wasn't beating him. And who hasn't gotten royally pissed before. I would assume he is generally a good dad. He took his kids to the park, brought dinner and roasted marshmallows. Unless things escalated, I wouldn't do any thing other than observe. No that's not true... I'd offer to keep the kids in my car while he tries to open the door or drive him to his house to get another set of keys if he had some.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM
He over reacted but I would of been annoyed too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't gave done anything. The kid Was an idiot. He deserved it.
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I would give him the benefit of the doubt and imagine that he had a moment where he made an awful choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:03 PM
I did give him two hangers to try to get in to his car. It didn't work.

Quoting two4one:

He hit the kid once. Nit something I would do, but he wasn't beating him. And who hasn't gotten royally pissed before. I would assume he is generally a good dad. He took his kids to the park, brought dinner and roasted marshmallows. Unless things escalated, I wouldn't do any thing other than observe. No that's not true... I'd offer to keep the kids in my car while he tries to open the door or drive him to his house to get another set of keys if he had some.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:03 PM
:( how sad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)