Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So damn fed up with child support making us poor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 548 Replies
My DH has 2 daughters from his previous marriage. His ex wife remarried right away and her husband is rich- he's a Vice President of a big company located in our city, and the girls are spoiled teens. They're 16 and 14, have trips out of the country for vacations every year, designer clothes, the 16yo got a brand new car for her birthday, go to private school, etc because their step dad pays for it, but because they don't count his income, and go by his exes income alone we pay over $700/month in child support. The girls barely come here at all, never stay overnight, cause they chose to live with their mom.

My DH and I have 3 boys. They are 4 and 1yo twins. I can't work because daycare would be more than I would earn and DH makes too much for us to qualify for any assistance, but really not a lot to support 5 people and two other kids on his income in our expensive city. We live in a crapy apartment, and it just f-cking kills me that these little princesses take $700/month that would make such a difference to us.

And he's asked his ex if he could cut back or anything and she bitchily said "you think MY husband should HAVE to support YOUR kids? No" and laughed. I'm just so frustrated with the system, end vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:32 PM
34 moms liked this

I have seen this post before. $700 is not a lot at all for 2 kids a month. Also, once your kids get a little older you can start working to relieve some of your financial woes.

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:33 PM
59 moms liked this

she's right..Your DH needs to support HIS kids. When you're the EX you will understand

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:33 PM
12 moms liked this

And what do you mean you are frustrated with the system. You think HER husbands income should be factored into  YOUR child support??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:34 PM
22 moms liked this
Sorry, but they are his kids to help support. Her new husband's income doesn't matter, and she didn't make you or your husband have the kids that you can't afford. He already knew, before yours were born, that he had 2 daughters to support. Your jealousy is really ugly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:35 PM
16 moms liked this
Why would he have more kids if he couldn't comfortably afford more?
Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:35 PM
14 moms liked this

Oh well, you married his support order.

ttriddick
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:35 PM
9 moms liked this
Why should another mans income count in your mind? They are your husbands kids. You're really coming off as a bitch right now. Suck it up buttercup. I'm sure he spends more than that on the kids he has with you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:35 PM
9 moms liked this
The step dad's income doesn't matter. If your husband can't take care of his kids maybe he should let the step dad adopt them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:35 PM
14 moms liked this
Why shouldn't your husband have to help by paying child support? He is their father, not the new husband. If anything, you and your husband should be thanking the shit out of the new husband for providing for your husbands children what he obviously couldn't.
mommyoflittles
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:35 PM
6 moms liked this

In less then 2 years he will only need to send child support for one kid. Once the first is 18 he doesnt pay for that kid anymore

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN