Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To b**** or not to b****.... WWYD

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
So my grandparents really wanted DD to spend the night tomorrow, I have an OB appointment in the morning in the same town, so it's convenient. DD is almost 4 and I have no problem with her staying over there... But I have a really big rule that they take as a "suggestion": my mom and sister are not allowed around my kids without my direct supervision.

I'm not a cunt, I have solid reasons for this. They're toxic and hateful and I am the only person in my family who doesn't just ignore their shit or brush it off.

I just found out that my mom is planning on going by my grandparents' at lunch tomorrow, after I had told my grandparents I was dropping her off.

So, my options are either let this slide and have it absolutely come up in the future as a "well it was okay that time...", stay for 3 extra hours to supervise and put up with my mom and/or sister and probably end up calling my therapist in hysterics at some point in the day, or be a massive cunt and back out of DD staying over there with no advanced notice and deal with getting the cold shoulder for a week or two from my grandparents for being such a hardass.

I'm seriously leaning toward just sticking around to supervise and dealing with the emotional fallout later but FFS I hate this shit.
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
smalltownteddy
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Bump
suzanneyea
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM

cancel it and tell them why.

Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:43 PM
I would just tell them something came up and you have to cancel. Problem solved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:43 PM
I'd tell your grandparents you don't want dd there with them and let her make the decision to not allow them over, if she wants them to come over don't let dd stay
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Personally I would stick around longer and supervise.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I would probably stick around. Hugs and good luck mama!
smalltownteddy
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:53 PM
That's what I'm leaning toward. I didn't have anything else to do after the appointment and it's the least confrontational option.

Quoting Melbornj: Personally I would stick around longer and supervise.
smalltownteddy
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Unfortunately this always results in being accused of making them "pick sides" and then them asking how therapy is going and if I'm "having any progress with my anger issues yet". :/

Quoting Anonymous: I'd tell your grandparents you don't want dd there with them and let her make the decision to not allow them over, if she wants them to come over don't let dd stay
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN