Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dd1 wants her own room but dd2 isn't really into the idea. Help!

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM
  • 14 Replies
My daughter has been hinting at wanting her own room for a couple months now. She turned 7 on the 13th. Today she just came right out and asked for it. We talked about and asked dd2, who will be 4 in October, if she wanted her own room. She said no, even did the little pouty lip thing.
We have the extra room to do it. It's the playroom now. The plan always was to make it one of their bedrooms.
So I'm looking for opinions, experiences, anything you can add to help.
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you can talk to big sis about still doing sleepovers with her little sister. And talk up the idea of little sis having her own room and decorating it and whatnot.
erin708
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I have the same problem. Mine are 8 and almost 5. I know deep down the 8yo is still too scared to sleep alone so i dont push it. Heres a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:43 PM
I would give them each their!own room. That is a somewhat big age difference to be sharing. The oldest probably sees the youngest as a baby.
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Give them walkie talkies so they can still talk at night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Get DD 4 all pumped up on having her own room by taking her shopping in store or online for things for HER new room. (Well, this is assuming you'd decorate each room to suit each girl.)

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

i would give her her own room, not make her miss out on something she wants just bc you cant say no to her little sister. thats not fair at all.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:46 PM

as far as "breaking it" to the youngest, ive never been one to bribe or coddle abt things like this. "sister gets her own room bc i said she could."

the end.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:46 PM
I would give her her own room. She asked for it, why are you going to let her younger sister decide what older sister wants?
BossMomXo
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I like this idea!

Quoting Anonymous:

Get DD 4 all pumped up on having her own room by taking her shopping in store or online for things for HER new room. (Well, this is assuming you'd decorate each room to suit each girl.)

mrsmoonbeam
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:49 PM
This and the one about having the older sis do sleepovers in the younger dds room

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)