Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO glad to be downsizing!

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM
  • 36 Replies
5 moms liked this
We are moving close to family. Rather than get some new big house etc we decided to use the proceeds from this house to buy an old smaller home in the town I grew up. We are also going to buy a nice used car with cash. Donating half the crap I dont need thats filling the 4000 sq ft of this house.
New house has 1800sqft. Im so excited to fix it up nice...be close to family and relax. I feel like we felt the need to live with more than we needed and its overwhelming keeping everything straight. And I hate flipping HOA's!!! And snooty suburb neighbors. Gah. Sorry so excited. I love all those home remodeling shows and this house has gorgeous woodwork from early 1900s!!!!
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM
No point. ..just excited
ajdahd13
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I hope it's not haunted.

Lol. I'm so weird because that's my first thought when looking to move.
gingermommy104
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I'm happy for you! :) 

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Bahahaha thanks didnt think of that!! Same lady has lived their for 40yrs I think. Ill ask lol

Quoting ajdahd13: I hope it's not haunted.

Lol. I'm so weird because that's my first thought when looking to move.
almburr
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Cool. Sometimes I think I would want a great big house, but I love our smaller home 1900sq ft total. We would rather spend our money on doing things.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Thank you! Packing sucks tho. Yuck

Quoting gingermommy104:

I'm happy for you! :) 

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Awesome. We just recently downsized. I think we went a little too small, but it is better than too big. I'm jealous of the woodwork. Has it been painted? I love it when it is still unpainted.
shilohkitten
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Oh how envious i am of you right now, I was just watching the Tiny House documentary and I wanted to move into a tiny house so bad!!!

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM
We got a great deal on this house. But its just too much. 6beds3 baths. I feel like I can never stay on top of it. We have 5 ppl in our family but dh is usually gone. New one is 4 beds 1.5 bath so I think it will be perfect

Quoting almburr: Cool. Sometimes I think I would want a great big house, but I love our smaller home 1900sq ft total. We would rather spend our money on doing things.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:27 PM
No we have to do everything. Lol ot has some really old wall paper in places and avocado shag carpet lol

Quoting LilysMama719: Awesome. We just recently downsized. I think we went a little too small, but it is better than too big. I'm jealous of the woodwork. Has it been painted? I love it when it is still unpainted.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN