Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hi guys i have a confession long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

i am not poor poor

my husband makes 618 a week after taxes. i am a sahm we recieve foodstamps and medicaid for the kids. we recieve $189 a month. i break that down to 47 a week and add an aditional 100 so our food budget a week is 147.

the reason i stay home is because i care for my mother and elderly grandmother. they are both in very bad health and do not recieve state help for healthcare at home so i do that. on top of my own kids, but i know that alone is not enough to not have a job.

anyways, our bills are bills are groceries are approx 2025 a month that leaves about 111 dollars a week minus about 30 a week for gas it leaves like $80 a week for anything else that we may need.

my confession is i wish i was rich.

i wish i could own a nice car and house. that i could take my kids to see the new movies or buy cute and fancy back to school clothes and not have to worry about school supplies.

i dream all the time about what i would do if i won the lottery (gotta play to win, so it really is just a dream lol) what it would be like to have a nice house with a huge fancy kitchen. have my kids in all kinds of things like dance and gymnastics. i would love to be able to get my hair done, or nails! that would be so much fun!

i wish i could buy my husband a nice truck and and live on land and raise animals and have a big garden!

have a nice pool and be able to go to places like 6 flags and water parks.

i am so jealous of people who have it so easy. i always wonder what kind of jobs people have that they cn live so lavishly.

i wish i could shop at my favorite store maurices. their stuff is so cute and in style but it's almost $30 a shirt!

i wish i could load the kids up and say hey lets go to the zoo! or lets go pick a toy out and go out for lunch!

i keep saying i will give my son allowance for helping out, but i never end up having the money. i usually find something  but it is hard.

so my confession is i am jealous of everyone who can live an easy and fun life. who have money to so and have everything i want.

please dont take that for granted.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM

bump

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:27 PM

you and me both, sister.

TisHerself
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:27 PM

I'm sorry you are struggling. 

I will take your advice to heart, and be a bit more appreciative of all I have today. 

Thank you for the reminder, OP. Hope things look up for you soon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM

thank you

Quoting TisHerself:

I'm sorry you are struggling. 

I will take your advice to heart, and be a bit more appreciative of all I have today. 

Thank you for the reminder, OP. Hope things look up for you soon. 

wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I'm hoping things get better for you and your family op :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:37 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:37 PM
I hope things get better for you. Have you added your gma and mom to your fs? A long time ago when I had to apply there was a section in there asking if there are any elderly disabled people in your home recieving care.
corticosteroid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:40 PM

You should look into some healthcare aid for your relatives.  A medical social worker can help you with that, your relatives' GP should be able to hook you up with one.

RavenOlson
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I feel like that too a lot of the time. :/ Hope things get better for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I am right there with you! I keep thinking, 2 more years..... my youngest will be in fourth grade - real job with steady paychecks, here I come... if anyone will hire me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)