Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I need to figure out how to save for my future. Can someone help me out here:

My bills all equal out to about 1,430$ a month. I bring home 400$ a week (so let's say 1,600 a month). My bills do not include food, toiletries or clothing needs or any holiday/birthday money needed.

How do I do this? I need to get my car fixed by winter time, too.

I can't figure out how to budget this to work without seeing red and ending up over drawn.

Please help!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Well... there's always plasma... go a few times every couple months... get yourself an extra 150... do you live in the US or somewhere else?
CMay2CK
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
What in the $1400 is not a necessity?
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Your bills are too high.
the_dude
by abides on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:05 AM
I coupon like a mad lady and stalk sales... shop in bulk... I got a diva cup... so no more tampons. Cloth diapers... we had a bidet installed, but that's an investment type thing...

I grow my own veggies and fruit in the spring and summer and can for the winter.

I buy whatever I can used, except for car seats, safety equipment, underoos and socks... etc..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:05 AM
The USA is where I live. I work odd hours but I will look into it.

Quoting the_dude: Well... there's always plasma... go a few times every couple months... get yourself an extra 150... do you live in the US or somewhere else?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:07 AM
That is rent, car payment, car insurance, electricity, phone payment, school loans, and daycare.

Quoting CMay2CK: What in the $1400 is not a necessity?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM
I live in an apartment, but some of that sounds good!

Quoting the_dude: I coupon like a mad lady and stalk sales... shop in bulk... I got a diva cup... so no more tampons. Cloth diapers... we had a bidet installed, but that's an investment type thing...

I grow my own veggies and fruit in the spring and summer and can for the winter.

I buy whatever I can used, except for car seats, safety equipment, underoos and socks... etc..
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:10 AM
School loans. Apply for a hardship. Get more income. That's it. Maybe a side job of some sort? Cleaning/babysitting /editing /grading etc
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:13 AM
You're screwed.

Is there a child in your household?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Ask for forebarence on your student loan. Just for a few months till the other stuff is caught up, like the car.
Ig your making payments and its having issues, maybe trade it in for a cheaper car.
Coupon, barter, and pick up a side gig.
You need to lower your bills.
start one at a time and see wgich you can lower each month. Your phone should be easy. Get a prepaid if you have too.

Quoting Anonymous: That is rent, car payment, car insurance, electricity, phone payment, school loans, and daycare.

Quoting CMay2CK: What in the $1400 is not a necessity?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN