Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now we know why..

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:01 AM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

the back yard sprinklers weren't watering well. After DH spent two summers replacing and fixing sprinkler heads and parts, it was an entirely different project altogether that showed us the problem,...mother nature decided to tap directly to the source. Crimping it nearly shut, this tree root managed to put a crack in the tube giving it a fresh BIG drink every time we watered. We often wondered why the honey locust out back grew so fast. The honey locusts roots cracked the back patio, separating it into two and another root grew into the foundation, giving us no choice but to cut it down. We decided to dig out the roots and stump to put in a sand box and solved our sprinkler problem.

Now if we could only solve the problem of removing the enormous stump we dug out😕
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn you Mother Nature!
zeezoo
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Damn!! Maybe that's what is going on at my mom's house. Good thing you found it!

cheekacheeka
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Greedy asshole tree.

sapphirelibra
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:10 AM
I know! And all the roots that are still in the ground are growing baby trees!!! WTF. It's like the tree is at war now.

Quoting CadillacCutie: Damn you Mother Nature!
sapphirelibra
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:11 AM
LMAO!

Quoting cheekacheeka:

Greedy asshole tree.

CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Grr! Poor some gasoline and watch them burn lol ;) jk
So what are you going to do!?

Quoting sapphirelibra: I know! And all the roots that are still in the ground are growing baby trees!!! WTF. It's like the tree is at war now.

sapphirelibra
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:24 AM
We've completely exposed it and are now digging under it to try to expose a few more roots that are clinging on with dear life. Then we have to get it out.. It's huge. DH thinks a ramp and his hand truck will do the trick. I think, me, standing back with a video camera, phone in hand- 911 ready, will be just fine.. No seriously, I have no clue how we are getting that thing out. DHs plan sounds scetchy.

Quoting CadillacCutie: Grr! Poor some gasoline and watch them burn lol ;) jk

Quoting sapphirelibra: I know! And all the roots that are still in the ground are growing baby trees!!! WTF. It's like the tree is at war now.

CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Geez what a project. I wish you the best of luck my friend! :/

Quoting sapphirelibra: We've completely exposed it and are now digging under it to try to expose a few more roots that are clinging on with dear life. Then we have to get it out.. It's huge. DH thinks a ramp and his hand truck will do the trick. I think, me, standing back with a video camera, phone in hand- 911 ready, will be just fine.. No seriously, I have no clue how we are getting that thing out. DHs plan sounds scetchy.

sapphirelibra
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanx! I think we need a bit of luck here😀

Quoting CadillacCutie: Geez what a project. I wish you the best of luck my friend! :/

Quoting sapphirelibra: We've completely exposed it and are now digging under it to try to expose a few more roots that are clinging on with dear life. Then we have to get it out.. It's huge. DH thinks a ramp and his hand truck will do the trick. I think, me, standing back with a video camera, phone in hand- 911 ready, will be just fine.. No seriously, I have no clue how we are getting that thing out. DHs plan sounds scetchy.

sapphirelibra
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Been working on stump this morning. This effer isn't budging.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)