Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help settle the dumbest argument yet...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 81 Replies
My SO wants to sleep in. Fine no problem. I want one day that I dont have to do dishes. Now you would think there is a simple solution right? I offered one day to sleep in in exchange for one day of dishes.

Dear god it was like I asked him to boil and skin a calf and over it to some pagan god along with the blood of our first born. He threw this big ass fit over it. Like I was being so unfair. So here is the logic behind my reasoning and tell me if im being unfair

1) every saturday he lets me sleep in. Its usually not past 8 (which is huge for me. Im really not a morning person) and I make a big breakfast for everyone when I wake up. So 4x a month I get to sleep in.

2) he helps with the dishes 1x a week. By helping I mean he fills the sink. Washes one or two things and lets the rest "soak" aka letting the water get stone cold

3) he gets up early and goes to bed early every night. He works from 4am to 4 pm and I know he has a high demanding job which means that i have no complaints about him going to bed at the same time the kids go to bed. I know he works hard.

4) any heavy household job falls on me (yard work, chopping wood, installing a giant ac because he wanted the house cooler) because he is gone so much.

Now really if he needs to sleep in fine. Im prob gonna do it for him either which way. Its just that he won't give anything I ask in return. Am I really being selfish and should just hush on up??

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Is he a cop?
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Nope, he is a logger

Quoting Anonymous: Is he a cop?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Than he should wash the dishes.

Quoting MsEmma88: Nope, he is a logger

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Thank you! Lol

Quoting Anonymous: Than he should wash the dishes.

3HotCheetos
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I am no help, I guess.  ...My man sometimes is a sweetheart and tells me rest ALL day, I'll cook and clean for you today. Then somedays can't be bothered to take out the trash. I guess depends on how tired he is, and how work is going.  

I'm SAHM so the days he treats me to a day of rest,  I feel like a queen!!! Lol 

CrimsonRadiance
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:13 AM
4 moms liked this
Ok.. curious as to why a cop shouldn't have to wash dishes?

CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:14 AM
IMO h sounds like a hard worker. Same as my H. I let him do whatever he wants because I'm so grateful for everything we have because of him.
Do I think the way you do? Absolutely! But at the end of the day, I sit back and tell myself doing these extra things around the house isn't that bad. I'd rather do all this than switch and do his job then come home and have to do dishes too.
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Because he owns handcuffs??

Quoting CrimsonRadiance: Ok.. curious as to why a cop shouldn't have to wash dishes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:14 AM
:-)

Quoting MsEmma88: Thank you! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Relax, it was just a joke. OP got it.

Quoting CrimsonRadiance: Ok.. curious as to why a cop shouldn't have to wash dishes?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)