• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crafty or computer smart moms

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:29 AM
  • 11 Replies
Ok I'm wanting to make my sd invitations out of card stock by hand this year.. But I need a good mermaid tail. Does anyone know how to make a "stencil" on the computer or just something so I can trace it onto the cardstock to cut it out? Idk how or what program to use. And I can't draw lol
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:32 AM
I wish I could help but I'm far from crafty. Good luck :)
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Thank you, and thanks for the bump!

Quoting CadillacCutie: I wish I could help but I'm far from crafty. Good luck :)
CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:33 AM
You're welcome :)

Quoting TexasGirl90: Thank you, and thanks for the bump!

Quoting CadillacCutie: I wish I could help but I'm far from crafty. Good luck :)
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Bump
mom31284
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Vinyl machines come in handy when you want to "stencil" but other than that I'm not so sure. Sorry.

AlliMarie358
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Google mermaid, mermaid tale etc & find a pic you like, print that pic out preferably on a piece of card atock, cut out the tail & trace around that. Now I'm not sure what you would use if you have to resize the image, I usually use Photoshop but that's something you have to pay for.
the_dude
by abides on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Print one of these and get some tracing paper. Then trace it on some stock to make a stencil.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Just print off a coloring page with a mermaid tail the correct size or a template online. Cut it out & trace onto your card stock.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:51 AM
This basically,

But you can actually just play with the percentages (zoom) to print in the page to make it as big or small as you want.

Quoting AlliMarie358: Google mermaid, mermaid tale etc & find a pic you like, print that pic out preferably on a piece of card atock, cut out the tail & trace around that. Now I'm not sure what you would use if you have to resize the image, I usually use Photoshop but that's something you have to pay for.
TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Thanks!

Quoting AlliMarie358: Google mermaid, mermaid tale etc & find a pic you like, print that pic out preferably on a piece of card atock, cut out the tail & trace around that. Now I'm not sure what you would use if you have to resize the image, I usually use Photoshop but that's something you have to pay for.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)