• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's so effing ridiculous.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
How is buying an uber expensive engagement ring a sign of how much your love is worth?
Why do so many women gauge how much a guy loves them by how expensive a piece of jewelry is?
I get that it would show how much they want you if they got something that really fit your personality, but that shouldn't be a price thing.
Even more than that, WHY would anyone want to marry someone who might say no or yes to the proposal based on a ring?
Just another thing my cheap ass will never understand.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CadillacCutie
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:37 AM
I don't understand it either :/
SadiasMomma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:38 AM
I don't understand either.
FoxFire363
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:39 AM
I don't get it either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:40 AM

I'm with you Op- I don't get it.

KristaP13
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Makes no sense to me either.
R00k
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:42 AM
I think with some women it is something they want to show off, and then there are women like us that don't care.. But I really think there are some that see that as effort behind the ring. Three months salary or whatever, picking out a pretty one, a shiny one, THE one.. They see that as putting the kind of effort into it that they would like to see from him.
I could be wrong. But.. Makes sense to me.
rfhsure
by beast mode on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Yeah, I dont get it either. Some women really love diamonds and have to have them and if that's something their man can do for them that's all fine and good - but, I do think if a woman would leave an otherwise perfect man over a ring choice, she really should reevaluate her priorities.

I dont personally like diamonds and I see putting money that could be used on a ring toward something practical as being preferable.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:43 AM
I don't get it either.
2and2onway
by Kimmie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I love my Walmart special, does not take much to make me happy and I appreciate the fact that my husband listened to me and got me the $57 one I wanted.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM
It's not. People get crazy over rings. Hell mine is very expensive and I haven't worn it in like 3 years. DH knew I wouldn't when he bought it, and said he only did because he thought he was supposed to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)